Games Lock Up Freezes my Computer and making me Force Restart my PC by holding down the Power Button

cannond1396

Proper
Aug 15, 2018
So lately, all of my steam games have been having some issues. Whenever I run the game and during in-gameplay, after a while of playing whether is as soon as I start playing or after more than 2+ minutes than the game "locks-up" my entire PC. Meaning that the mouse and keyboard input has stopped working, but the music is still playing. I still can't CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, or even CTRL+SHFT+ESC to "kill" the program or log out or shut down. So I have to force restart my PC by holding down on the power button. I have never received any error message after restarting my PC or when it crashes. Is more like that everything just went into a "stand-still image" with only music playing in the background. I waited for a few minutes hopefully it resumes, and nope nothing happened.

Here is my rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X

CPU COOLER: Cryorig - H7 Quad Lumi

MOTHERBOARD: Asus - Strix B350-F Gaming ATX AM4

MEMORY: 16GB of RAM (2x8GB)

STORAGE: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

VIDEO CARD: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

>Any help would be appreciated. I would just let anyone with a solution answer my question to help me resolve this issue so that I won't have to go through hours of troubleshooting to no avail.

>Preferred answer by someone who had the same issues and managed to resolve it should answer this question for me.

~I've built this system specification to max out almost every games and software available today (fall 2018, unless if you're reading this from the future) in order to run just about anything even VR if I ever get around to it.

FYI, BIOS has been reset to default and is up-to-date and even my GPU and audio driver is up-to-date.

Here are the list of my steam games that are currently installed if you want to know what they are

1) Monster Hunter: World
2) Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter
3) Cities: Skylines (just recently downloaded a few days ago)