Games no longer function properly.

Jul 30, 2018
For the past three days I've been trying to fix an issue where certain games look terrible (textures don't load properly, foliage looks pixelated). I've tried using DDU to uninstall and reinstall my drivers, i've tried multiple drivers released within the past year, and i've tried different graphics cards and monitors. I've even reinstalled windows four times now and nothing has changed. Certain games like CSGO and minecraft run well and look fine, but other games like PUBG and Rainbow Six look awful; even 3D Mark exhibits the same issues. Changing the in game settings does nothing. The three cards I have: a GTX 980, R9 270x, and R9 380 all work fine in other systems, but when placed inside my main rig the same problem occurs. I assume this is a windows or DirectX issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Examples:

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz
16 gigs @ 3000mhz
Asrock Gaming K4 x370
Corsair CX600M
Samsung 850 Evo 120

(Yes i've tried to run the system at stock speeds.)

Jul 30, 2018

I've tried verifying my game files and they are fine. :/

Jul 30, 2018

I've tried, aside from being awful to navigate, the options in the Nvidia control panel don't make a difference.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Where are you downloading video drivers from?

Dont use driver booster apps

What display are you using?

GE can over enhance graphics settings too much and can also cause other fps issues. Best not use it, it wouldn't help in this case anyway. Your problem sounds like drivers either by allowing some driver update program or using Windows updates.

Which Windows are you running?

Jul 30, 2018

I've tried downloading the drivers directly from Nvidia and through device manager. I'm on windows 10. My monitor is a Crossover Fast 144hz (It's a korean brand.)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Continue to download from Nvidia. Device manager refers to Windows updates and you dont want MS installing your drivers.

What stage are you upto regarding drivers?

If proper Nv drivers are installed, able to select correct resolution and Hz in Windows resolution and monitor adapter and display still looks terrible try install driver for the monitor.

If you have a TV can test with, just to rule out monitor. Not sure if your monitor is the problem.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3065665/crossover-monitors-good.html

Jul 30, 2018

The monitor is fine, I've tried with one of my other PCs. I have the 398.36 driver installed from Nvidia right now. Everything looks fine until I try to play games. D:

Jul 30, 2018

Changing the settings in game does nothing. Changing the settings in the Control panel also does nothing...

Jul 30, 2018
I've recently updated my bios, but i haven't checked chipset drivers in a bit. I don't know if that will work considering the system was working fine for over a year before this happened, but i will try anyways and get back to you.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh right so your system was running fine previously for a lengthy amount of time. I doubt it'll be chipset drivers.

Gpus work in other systems but not yours.

Windows is fresh and drivers properly installed.

The only games that look fine are OpenGL based.

Its an odd issue.

Gamebar has been disabled? Mainly for fullscreen optimisation feature. Gamebar should disable this feature when turned off but to check, the fullscreen opt feature is found in the game's exe compatibility tab. Dont think its this but worth checking.

Only other thing i can think of is it may be possible Nvidia 398 drivers are still buggy as was with 397 with some systems. Try 391.35 driver.

Jul 30, 2018

So i just got all of the updates from the Asrock website and still no dice :( I've used the 391 driver and it still was broken. I've never felt so helpless with my computer before.