Question Games not installing on Steam/Epic Games Launcher on D: Drive

joeyintense

Reputable
Feb 17, 2018
I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702V laptop and I’ve been trying to install Fortnite on the D: drive (1tb HDD) for 2 weeks. It doesn’t work and ends up getting in loop cycles. If I go on to Steam to download a game, it still doesn’t work and I know it’s not Steam’s issue because I can install games onto my C: drive just fine. When I try to install games to my D: drive, it makes a repetitive clicking noise while “allocating disk space” and then pauses the download. I have opened the case of the laptop when it wasn’t booting up once. How do I download games onto my hard drive?

popatim

Titan
Install a run CrystalDiskIno and then host a screenshot of D: on an image sharing site, such as imgur, and link us to it please.

HDD's and repeated clicking sounds need investigating, not re-formatting. This could be a sign of impending failure.

joeyintense

Reputable
Feb 17, 2018
That's a physical drive problem, not a Steam problem.

I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702V laptop and I’ve been trying to install Fortnite on the D: drive (1tb HDD) for 2 weeks. It doesn’t work and ends up getting in loop cycles. If I go on to Steam to download a game, it still doesn’t work and I know it’s not Steam’s issue because I can install games onto my C: drive just fine. When I try to install games to my D: drive, it makes a repetitive clicking noise while “allocating disk space” and then pauses the download. I have opened the case of the laptop when it wasn’t booting up once. How do I download games onto my hard drive?