Ts638

Commendable
Dec 27, 2019
So my PC isn't performing as well as I would expect in games. I have a R7 2700X cpu, RTX 2060 gpu, 16GB 3200mhz ram, 500 watt bronze psu, and Asrock B450 Steel Legend. With these specs however in Destiny 2 and MW, i'm only getting about 70-80 Fps at low settings. This doesn't make sense to me as i would think these parts would perform better than they are. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Destiny 2 is a game that people say is optimized and runs wonderfully but I started to question what people consider "optimized" I had RTX 2060 with an i5 and I saw performance even at 1080P fall below 60FPS, even on the first city. It wasn't until I got my current build did I see a consistent over 60 FPS performance boost. So while it may seem like your system should be able to run it better, your CPU, GPU combo will keep those frame rates modest at best.

Modern Warfare on PC is also an enigma. There are issues that I know a lot of people have but IW made no effort to patch them. The game MW runs by default "on high priority" affinity. Which can push windows to push close to 100% utilization on the chips which I've seen cause...

Ts638

Commendable
Dec 27, 2019
ram is dual channel and the psu is EVGA 500+ Bronze, as for temps they are typically low as well as gpu and cpu usage are under 40% usage which is strange considering the fps im getting

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Destiny 2 is a game that people say is optimized and runs wonderfully but I started to question what people consider "optimized" I had RTX 2060 with an i5 and I saw performance even at 1080P fall below 60FPS, even on the first city. It wasn't until I got my current build did I see a consistent over 60 FPS performance boost. So while it may seem like your system should be able to run it better, your CPU, GPU combo will keep those frame rates modest at best.

Modern Warfare on PC is also an enigma. There are issues that I know a lot of people have but IW made no effort to patch them. The game MW runs by default "on high priority" affinity. Which can push windows to push close to 100% utilization on the chips which I've seen cause performance degradation. Its worth noting I still can't play MW on my rig, at least the single player. I have an RTX 2080TI and I still see nearly game freezing frame stutters.

My suggestions for MW at least is to ensure you have your affinity for the game set to normal (You will have to this after every game start) and ensure you have items like Ray Tracing off and keep the game at 1080P.

(see my full spec in my sig)

Solution

Ts638

Commendable
Dec 27, 2019
In D2 I notice when i load into an area and the enemies or npcs havent spawned yet my fps is significantly higher but as soon as the are loaded my fps drops so i think it could be a cpu issue. and with MW Its more likely a gpu issue as mostly in warzone there is alot to be rendered so it could be way more taxing on the gpu than a normal pvp game in MW