Question Games not responding

Jun 25, 2020
My games not responding when i first start them the game just freezes and i can only acess task manager with ctrl+alt+delete where it says witcher 3 not responding but i can't end the application there is a black picture over task manager from the game and can't do anything.I can only sign out with ctrl + alt + delete to make everything get back to normal. After i sign out the game runs fine.

This happens only when i run the game for the first time, and it happens every day.

I also bought new monitor a gsync monitor. I had no problem with the older monitor so im inspecting that at this moment.

I have ddr4 16gb single channel memory, previously I had ddr3 and had no problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

What you can also do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, cable connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

"First time": Could be something is loose and, once warmed up, expands and establishes full contact.

Jun 25, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

What you can also do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, cable connectors, RAM, and jumpers. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

"First time": Could be something is loose and, once warmed up, expands and establishes full contact.
I found the problem it is only when I use gsync other than that the games run fine im using PG248Q monitor from asus with gsync technology that I bought just days ago I switched to my older asus monitor games run without problem so the problem is gsync but I bought this monitor intentionally for gsync.Should I return it or wait for better nvidia drivers? my gpu is RTX 2060 using latest nvidia 451.67 driver could also the driver be the problem since i heard the new drivers from nvidia are no good? <Mod Edit> nvidia seriously im never buying anything from nvidia any more

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
You know that the new monitor works. Another monitor may not work or otherwise just introduce another variable.

I suggest experimenting a bit more.

Roll back to an older Nvidia driver despite your current opinion of Nvidia in general.

Go to Nvidia's website: Check the FAQs and Forums. Post specifics. Ask questions.

Someone may have discovered an interim fix.

Or Nvidia may just quietly be trying to fix the problem.

Depending on the nature of the problem - may not take too long to accomplish.

Fixing the problem is beneficial - they have no reason not to do so.

Jun 25, 2020
You know that the new monitor works. Another monitor may not work or otherwise just introduce another variable.

I suggest experimenting a bit more.

Roll back to an older Nvidia driver despite your current opinion of Nvidia in general.

Go to Nvidia's website: Check the FAQs and Forums. Post specifics. Ask questions.

Someone may have discovered an interim fix.

Or Nvidia may just quietly be trying to fix the problem.

Depending on the nature of the problem - may not take too long to accomplish.

Fixing the problem is beneficial - they have no reason not to do so.
I just wrote an email to Asus technical support filled all the fields including serial number of monitor etc.. since its theirs monitor so im expecting answer in 48 hours or at least that's what the system returned to me that the support team answers the question in max of 48 hours so lets see..i will also go to nvidia website and post the same question on their forum
I played all day today without gsync and everything works fine no freezes at start no nothing so its the gsync most definitely