[SOLVED] Games not responding

Aug 13, 2020
All of my games which include CS:GO, minecraft, Kingdom come deliverance and many more stop responding. They are basically freezing. My game will stop responding (freeze) and i will have to close it out with task manager. This process will happen around 3 times before the freezing stops. the freezing is completely and utterly random. It can happen at any point while running a game.
I ran 2 full virus scans with malwarebytes and ran some temperature checks at full load. This has been going on for a few months now and since then i have replaced my power supply and switched my boot drive to a ssd. All of my parts were bought new EXCEPT MY GPU which i got from a family member.
My PC Specs:
Rosewill micro-atx case
Aorus b450m motherboard
NVIDIA GTX 1050ti
16GB DDR4 Corsair vengance 2400mhz
500gb SSD + 500gb HDD
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x + Stock cooler
EVGA 600W Bronze rated PSU

Solution
i am not familiar with your mobo does it have an onboard graphics card. If yes then plug your monitor cable into the socket to rule out that the 1050 may be faulty. Run dxdiag to see if that shows any faults . Also look in reliability monitor to see if it is logging the same errors , this might give you a clue to whats going on. Just because your componants are new does not means they cant be faulty ... type memory diagnosis into search box to do a memory test .... if it reports faulty ram it wont tell you which stick so you will have to run test again one stick at a time..... Another way to test g card .... choose a game you know will crash and set EVERYTHING to low just to see if it still crashes.
i am not familiar with your mobo does it have an onboard graphics card. If yes then plug your monitor cable into the socket to rule out that the 1050 may be faulty. Run dxdiag to see if that shows any faults . Also look in reliability monitor to see if it is logging the same errors , this might give you a clue to whats going on. Just because your componants are new does not means they cant be faulty ... type memory diagnosis into search box to do a memory test .... if it reports faulty ram it wont tell you which stick so you will have to run test again one stick at a time..... Another way to test g card .... choose a game you know will crash and set EVERYTHING to low just to see if it still crashes.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS