Question Games not running as well as I feel they should

eeguacamole

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
Hey I have been having problems where games like CSGO don't run as well as they should because I have a pretty beefy system and I only get around 120-140 fps on the new cache map, and even on mirage I get max 200, I've tried a fresh install of windows, I've reinstalled display drivers and it still runs badly. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
i7 7800x @ 4.4 GHz
Asus Dual Exo GTX 2080 Super
4x8 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 MHz

bioax

Upstanding
Nov 30, 2019
In your windows power settings, turn on the power plan to high performance, and in the nvidia control panel, in the 3d settings, set the power setting to "prefer maximum performance." Try that to see if it help out. Also, what resolution are you gaming at, since 16:9 1080p is laggier than 4:3.

^There's no need to change the power plan in Windows to High Performance if you use Prefer maximum performance in NCP. In fact the best way to do it is set each game profile that needs it to Prefer max, then the PC will automatically revert to running at idle clocks when not gaming and be cooler and quieter with less wear and tear.

There is zero need to run a CPU at max clocks 24/7, and it's so easy to set it up to run at max only when high resource games are running, that I really don't get why people never talk about it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS