[SOLVED] Games not running very well

Feb 19, 2019
Hi i just bought a new pc expecting to play games like Rising storm 2, Insurgency Sandstorm etc. but I've been playing a little bit of csgo recently and Im only getting around 120 fps even on low settings was hoping someone could help.

Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-8500 (3.0GHz) 9MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® STRIX B360-I GAMING: Mini-ITX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics card: 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX® 12
SSD: 128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
Storage drive: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE

Solution
What monitor do you have and does it have Freesync?
Check if Freesync or Vsync is on in your AMD command center or whatever it's called.

If you had Nvidia I could go into more detail.

Also if your monitor can only do 120 fps or OC to 144, you don't really need more. If you get more and you want more, expect screen tearing which makes the game look bad. Some games have less screen tearing, like Dota 2 for example, so you need to see how bad it is and if you're willing to give up the looks for the extra fps. And keep in mind if you are running with no sync, max fps, your CPU and GPU will go up to 100% in some cases, causing them to heat up and make noise because of the cooling.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think by default CS:GO has frame rate limiters. May just be a simple matter of using the command fps_max 200 or whatever.

Personally I don't like the inconsistency since the CPU becomes the limiting factor. Don't want to see 400 FPS when looking at a blank wall then have it dive down to 150 while in combat. I would seek a middle ground that it can normally achieve and set the maximum around there.

Feb 19, 2019
yeah i have changed that and it didnt seem to have an effect but i dont really know how to fix it i dont know to much about pcs in the first place

Cioby

Distinguished
What monitor do you have and does it have Freesync?
Check if Freesync or Vsync is on in your AMD command center or whatever it's called.

If you had Nvidia I could go into more detail.

Also if your monitor can only do 120 fps or OC to 144, you don't really need more. If you get more and you want more, expect screen tearing which makes the game look bad. Some games have less screen tearing, like Dota 2 for example, so you need to see how bad it is and if you're willing to give up the looks for the extra fps. And keep in mind if you are running with no sync, max fps, your CPU and GPU will go up to 100% in some cases, causing them to heat up and make noise because of the cooling.

Solution