Question Games are not showing all resolution options ?

Apr 10, 2023
So I was playing pubg the other day with hell of stuttering so I wanted to drop the res a bit so when I went to change it there are only 3 res options but I should be getting more than 3 anyways. Also in Apex Legends I don't get the 16:10 option only 16:9,5:4,4:3i guess why pubg only shows 1600x900(native), 1280x720 and 1366x768 no other options. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Specs:
i3-9100F
8GB RAM
Asus RX 550 4GB
1TB HDD

Do you have the latest AMD GPU drivers ? If you already have it, then try doing a CLEAN re-install of the drivers. You can also try reinstalling one of the games like PUBG, and then check whether doing this makes any difference or not ?

Also, check AMD's Radeon Control Panel. There you can also create custom display modes for your display.

But not all custom display modes and timings are compatible with all displays. What is the current native resolution of your monitor ? Do you have an option to change the display resolution in Windows desktop as well ?

Under the AMD Radeon control panel, check for these 3 settings/values. 'Virtual Super Resolution', 'GPU scaling' and 'Scaling Mode'. Does the scaling mode preserve the monitor's aspect ratio ?

Apr 10, 2023
Do you have the latest AMD GPU drivers ? If you already have it, then try doing a CLEAN re-install of the drivers. You can also try reinstalling one of the games like PUBG, and then check whether doing this makes any difference or not ?

Also, check AMD's Radeon Control Panel. There you can also create custom display modes for your display.

But not all custom display modes and timings are compatible with all displays. What is the current native resolution of your monitor ? Do you have an option to change the display resolution in Windows desktop as well ?

Under the AMD Radeon control panel, check for these 3 settings/values. 'Virtual Super Resolution', 'GPU scaling' and 'Scaling Mode'. Does the scaling mode preserve the monitor's aspect ratio ?
I have the latest drivers I even tried reinstalling windows a few time as well as clean installing amd drivers with ddu. My monitor native is 1600x900 and I have virtual super res off, GPU scaling on, and scaling mode in full panel.

I have the latest drivers I even tried reinstalling windows a few time as well as clean installing amd drivers with ddu. My monitor native is 1600x900 and I have virtual super res off, GPU scaling on, and scaling mode in full panel.
Considering you're using an older display that is 1600x900, and wanting to use 16:10 aspect ratio, you may be better off enabling VSR. And as well you may have to create a custom resolution in Radeon Control Panel for the 16:10 res you want if you can't it via VSR.

TRENDING THREADS