Games not smooth despite 60+ FPS when vsync is off!

BrokenCarr00t

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
When i bought my PC and installed a windows 8.1 for the first time games worked perfect vsync on or off. Then i got my HDD (Had SSD only before) and reinstalled windows 8.1 on SSD. When running games with vsync off they looks terrible. My fps is showing 60-120 (in most cases 80) fps, but games are not smooth at all. But when i vsync is on and games are capped on 60fps its smooth as butter! I dont mind playing at 60fps but demanding games as Dying Light , Far Cry 4 get those small fps drops to 57-58 that drives me crazy. My fps on these games is always around 80fps at ultra but does not feel smooth at all with that vsync disabled.

What could cause these problems?
My drivers are updated , Windows 8.1 is up to date as well. I dont have a virus.

PC :

GTX 970 4gb OC
i5 4690k
8gb of Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard
Corsair x600m
Samsung Evo SSD 120GB
Barracuda HDD 1TB

BrokenCarr00t

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

Like i said , i played these games before smoothly on same pc and same monitor with 60-120fps. It seems that everything went to hell when i got that HDD and reinstalled Windows 8.1 . But i dont thinks that HDD is a problem, cause im running Windows 8 on SSD same as Dying Light. Also i did tried to reinstall Windows agan , but that did not helped either.

beefy

Distinguished
May 22, 2004
Do you know what fps you were getting before you reinstalled the os? I`m not sure but I think nvidia drivers come with application setting override my amd drivers have similar,when you play games or use a program it switches modes to what`s your choice or quality. I remember when i had a nvidia card you could set it as a default setting or let the program choose. Open nvidias control panel and look to see if you can see anything there that will let control game profiles. sorry I can`t tell you where it is but its been a long time since I`ve had a nvidia card.

BrokenCarr00t

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

I was getting pretty much same fps like now , except that games are not smooth despite that fps. Maybe i get more now on Far Cry 4 , but thats probably cause that 1.9 update.

Im not at home right now, but when i arrive ill let you know.

Thanks for trying to help me , appriciate it.