[SOLVED] Games on HDD crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
Hello i have primary NVME SSD and a secondary WD Blue 2Tb HDD. Everything worked fine for the last year.
But now games on my SSD are runnig with out issues but games on my HDD wont load, or they crash after a short period of time. When this happens the HDD doesn't appear in the Task Manager but is still accessible via explorer.

I can still acces the HDD normaly save videos for houres od make backups without issues just games dont work.

If i swap the sata port evything works fine for a few days than the issue happends again and is resolved after swaping sata ports again.

I tried Windows chkdsk, WD safeguard diagnostics and Seagate boot cd none found any bad Sectors or issues. Also no SMART issues and Power saving settings adjustet to no sleep.

Anyone has an idea what the issue is or how to fix it?

Hardware:
ASrock B450m pro4
Ryzen5 2600
16gb 3200 ram
5700xt
Bequite SystemPower9 650W

Solution
Yes per @ex_bubblehead - try other known working SATA cables. Both power and data.

While doing so be sure to check that all other cables, cards, and RAM are fully and firmly in place. Do so by both visual inspection and touch.

However, be sure, before doing anything else that all important data is backed up and proven to be recoverable and readable.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer: any error codes or warnings that correspond with the crashes?

Reliability History is more user friendly so start there.

How full are the drives?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers etc.. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

May 26, 2020
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer: any error codes or warnings that correspond with the crashes?

Reliability History is more user friendly so start there.

How full are the drives?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers etc.. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.
Hello in Event Viewer i only have an error for AMDRyzenMaster not found. That sound resonable sice i dont have it installed.

In the Reliablitiy History i didnt finde any errors when the games are in there infinite loading animation.

But i found that this error:
Problemereignisame: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 101e
Parameter 2: ffff99878a872960
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
Betriebssystemversion: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Produkt: 768_1
Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

or this error

Problemereignisame: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 1006
Parameter 2: ffff970abacc1960
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
Betriebssystemversion: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Produkt: 768_1
Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

One of thouse is always appearing when i boot Windows.

The HDD has 900 GByte used.

I found that my Bios is still running ASrock B450m Pro4 is still runnning on 1.60 i dont know if this is the issue but it is running the same Version since i build the PC.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Yes per @ex_bubblehead - try other known working SATA cables. Both power and data.

While doing so be sure to check that all other cables, cards, and RAM are fully and firmly in place. Do so by both visual inspection and touch.

However, be sure, before doing anything else that all important data is backed up and proven to be recoverable and readable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS