Question Games on PC lagging after Windows 10 Update

SanZ13

Prominent
Dec 2, 2021
Hello so, i recently got new PC and i installed Valorant on it played some time until i also downloaded GTA 5 and some other games.It all worked well until windows got an update. After the update i got a lot of fps drops and it stutters alot its unplayable, but i still got normal fps when it doesnt frame drop.Any help?

Specs:
CPU: Intel i3 10100 3.60ghz
Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR4
Graphics: Intel UHD 630
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H
HDD 460GB

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe first before any game play.

Then move the window to one side or the other and game as normal.

Determine what changes when the game(s) become unplayable.

What resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Be aware of what all is running on your computer. May be being launched at startup. (Task Manager > Startup).

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may prove helpful as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

SanZ13

Prominent
Dec 2, 2021
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe first before any game play.

Then move the window to one side or the other and game as normal.

Determine what changes when the game(s) become unplayable.

What resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Be aware of what all is running on your computer. May be being launched at startup. (Task Manager > Startup).

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may prove helpful as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Without Valorant running

CPU Usage: 2%-5%
Memory Usage: 38%
Disk Usage: 0%
GPU Usage:17%-20%

With Valorant running

CPU Usage: 10%
Memory Usage: 92%
Disk Usage: 3%
GPU Usage: 43%

Only apps running before and after were just task manager nothing else, background apps were all normal and nothing too mutch overloading.

Ralston18

Titan
What is the current physical RAM configuration?

For example: 1 x 8 GB module or 2 x 4 GB RAM modules (dual channel)?

Likewise: disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full? Noted one 460 GB HDD - no SSD?

The build appears to meet Valorant's hardware requirements but that may be marginal.

How is virtual memory configured - auto (let Windows manage it)?

My first thought would be to increase RAM if at all possible via a matched set of RAM modules for dual channel use.

SanZ13

Prominent
Dec 2, 2021
What is the current physical RAM configuration?

For example: 1 x 8 GB module or 2 x 4 GB RAM modules (dual channel)?

Likewise: disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full? Noted one 460 GB HDD - no SSD?

The build appears to meet Valorant's hardware requirements but that may be marginal.

How is virtual memory configured - auto (let Windows manage it)?

My first thought would be to increase RAM if at all possible via a matched set of RAM modules for dual channel use.

Its one 8gb stick of ram

There is no SSD i have one HDD 352GB free space out of 460 GB

About virtual memory configuration i think its auto.

Thank you for your suggestion ill take that in mind and ill upgrade my ram soon as possible,and thank you for your support.

Without Valorant running

CPU Usage: 2%-5%
Memory Usage: 38%
Disk Usage: 0%
GPU Usage:17%-20%

With Valorant running

CPU Usage: 10%
Memory Usage: 92%
Disk Usage: 3%
GPU Usage: 43%

Only apps running before and after were just task manager nothing else, background apps were all normal and nothing too mutch overloading.
Run this with the browser closed and post a LINK to the results page.
PC Benchmark

Since your problem started with a windows update, see if you can't back it out using sustem restore.

Past that, I suspect that windows pushed out a less than optimum driver for your integrated graphics,
Go to the Intel site, download the latest driver for your motherboard/cpu.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...d-graphics-for-10th-gen-intel-processors.html

Integrated graphics adapters are the one place where ram speed becomes important.
In your case, a single stick of 8gb will be running in slower single channel mode.
You can support up to 2666 speed ram.
Adding another same 8gb stick like what you have will likely work, but is not guaranteed.
Ram must be matched, and even the identical part numbers are no guarantee.
The inner workings can change over time.
Best to buy a 2 x 8gb replacement kit.

SanZ13

Prominent
Dec 2, 2021
Since your problem started with a windows update, see if you can't back it out using sustem restore.

Past that, I suspect that windows pushed out a less than optimum driver for your integrated graphics,
Go to the Intel site, download the latest driver for your motherboard/cpu.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...d-graphics-for-10th-gen-intel-processors.html

Integrated graphics adapters are the one place where ram speed becomes important.
In your case, a single stick of 8gb will be running in slower single channel mode.
You can support up to 2666 speed ram.
Adding another same 8gb stick like what you have will likely work, but is not guaranteed.
Ram must be matched, and even the identical part numbers are no guarantee.
The inner workings can change over time.
Best to buy a 2 x 8gb replacement kit.

Yes it came with the update but i am not 100% sure that its the problem, ill maybe try to reinstall windows completly with deleting all of my files if any of this things dont work.

TRENDING THREADS