Question Games/PC freezing and sometimes hard resetting

Mar 1, 2019
Hello,
I've been having this issue for a long time now (couple months) and I've been trying everything I could to try and fix it. I've looked around for help and couldn't really find anything that helped me out.
Basically, my PC freezes in only certain games, so much so that I either have to hard reset it myself, or it even does it on it's own. Once it boots up, the fans start up immediately at max speed for a few seconds until I load into windows.

The games this does happen in on the regular so far are: Destiny 2, Warframe, Battlefield 1. I've had to stop playing all 3 of them and have been playing games it does not happen in such as Smite, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, all of the Batman Arkham games.
When it comes to Destiny and Battlefield it's only a hard lock-up, at least as far as I've experienced. In Warframe I have once experienced all my screens going black, then throwing up a lot of different colours on all 3 in irregular patterns, which has me guessing it's a GPU related problem and I may need to replace it, however that's not an easy option seeing as it requires a fair amount of money. I am also skeptical of simply settling on this, as it does not happen in all games, some of which can be more demanding and leave both my CPU and GPU at a higher usage %. I should also add that this happens after any random period of time spent in the games. It can be a couple minutes, sometimes an hour.

Here are my specs:
CPU - Intel I7-7700k
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 ti
Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z270-A
RAM - G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
CPU cooler - Corsair H150I Pro
Case fans - 4x NOCTUA NF-A14 FLX
PSU - Corsair HX1000i

The things I have tried so far: Reinstall drivers, reinstall the mentioned games, remove/clean and replace all the hardware. I've monitored CPU/GPU usage aswell as all temperatures and nothing seems to be out of ordinary, I freeze even when both GPU and CPU are sitting at 40-50°C
I do play on an ultrawide 3440x1440 100hz monitor and have 2 others (2560x1440 and 1920x1080), perhaps the GPU is having issues with the resolution of the main monitor, however I have tried making my other 1440p monitor (i used to use this one as my main monitor until I got the ultrawide and everything was fine) as the main screen and the issue persists.
I've made sure nothing extra that was required was running in the background.

I am honestly at my wit's end here and do not know what to do anymore. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.