Question games playing terribly?

Jul 15, 2019
i recently built a pc with absolutely new parts besides my old gpu. on my old pc i could play on rocket league with absolutely no lag at maximum settings, with my old/current gpu. i was playing rocket league and it was going fine, until the game started lagging REALLY bad. i would like freeze then unfreeze repeatedly, it was like stuttering. i never had this problem on the old pc, and have no idea what could be causing it. my monitor is plugged into the gpu port and i have all recent drivers. i dont have any problems on any other games, or at least havent played any that require a heavy load from my pc. i've been playing minecraft with a shader with around 1k fps.
on a side note, my gpu might be dying - the fan on it has been acting really weird and my monitor sometimes randomly shut off on my old gpu and would only turn back on when my i restarted my pc; i think my gpu was shutting off. if anyone has a clue what was going on here that would also be helpful
thanks!

jovan.draganovic

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Would be good if your could give me a bit more info about your hardware.
I suspect you have overheating issue.
try installing msi afterburner and monitor your temps.
And also try cleaning whole pc and pay attention on parts where your hardware connects,

Jul 15, 2019
Would be good if your could give me a bit more info about your hardware.
I suspect you have overheating issue.
try installing msi afterburner and monitor your temps.
And also try cleaning whole pc and pay attention on parts where your hardware connects,
i get around 30 degrees idling it’s a bit hot but no where overheating

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS