Question games playing terribly?

Jul 15, 2019
i recently built a pc with absolutely new parts besides my old gpu. on my old pc i could play on rocket league with absolutely no lag at maximum settings, with my old/current gpu. i was playing rocket league and it was going fine, until the game started lagging REALLY bad. i would like freeze then unfreeze repeatedly, it was like stuttering. i never had this problem on the old pc, and have no idea what could be causing it. my monitor is plugged into the gpu port and i have all recent drivers. i dont have any problems on any other games, or at least havent played any that require a heavy load from my pc. i've been playing minecraft with a shader with around 1k fps.
on a side note, my gpu might be dying - the fan on it has been acting really weird and my monitor sometimes randomly shut off on my old gpu and would only turn back on when my i restarted my pc; i think my gpu was shutting off. if anyone has a clue what was going on here that would also be helpful
thanks!

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
Would be good if your could give me a bit more info about your hardware.
I suspect you have overheating issue.
try installing msi afterburner and monitor your temps.
And also try cleaning whole pc and pay attention on parts where your hardware connects,