[SOLVED] games randomly close while playing

May 24, 2021
parts list

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | $209.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler | NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | $129.99 @ Adorama
Motherboard | Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | $139.94 @ Amazon
Memory | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory | $112.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage | Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $55.49 @ Amazon
Video Card | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card |-
Case | NZXT H400i MicroATX Mini Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Cooler Master MWE GOLD V2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit | $99.99 @ Newegg

the problem

Okay, so basically every game i play decides to randomly crash/close, either on/close to startup or somehwere randomly while playing. Some crash more frequent then others but in conclusion they all just crash sometime. It just closes the application by itself randomly, no matter the game that im playing at the time.

I've build my PC around 2 years ago and at the time it worked perfectly, but after about a year I started to occasionally have some bluescreens or game crashes. Over the year this amount has only risen to the point where i now basically can't even play games anymore. Except CS:GO, for some reason that seems to crash very often compared to the other titles, it still does crash sometimes. No matter how light or how heavy the game is it still crashes. I am not sure if the BSOD's and the game crashes are linked to each other but atleast i wrote down a few of the BSOD's i got:

• irql_not_less_or_equal
  • system_service_exception
  • attempted_write_to_readonly_memory
  • system_thread_exception_not_handled
  • page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

BSOD Dump Files

attempts to fix it.

Hardware:

After recieving the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD a few times i decided to take alook at it and found out that it could possibly be a memory issue. I then ran "Windows Memory Diagnostic" without any issues being found. Me not having any clue what was casuing the problems decided to buy a new pair of ram, switching from "Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16" to my current set "Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18". But sadly this didn't solve any of the problems.

I then decided to investigate my SSD, back then the "Kingston A400 250GB". Thinking it might be defect, corrupt or anything like that. After completely erasing everything on it including the OS i hoped to have solved any software problems regarding my windows installation or something like that. But once again without any luck, so i then decided to also buy a new SSD "Kingston A2000 500GB". Once again this also didnt really solve anything.

In in the meantime i also upgrade my GPU from a "Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8GB" to a "MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio". Not thinking this would solve anything but just found a great deal for the card. I downloaded all the new drivers for the card but still the bluescreens and game crashes appeared.

My latest purchase was a new PSU, because i thought that perhaps my old "CORSAIR VS650" was giving insufficient power to for example the GPU when playing GPU intensive games. But also this didnt seem to have any kind of effect.

Software:

Did a Windows Memory Diagnostic test.
Checked my system using the windows System File Checker tool.
Completely reinstalled windows (new SSD).
Updated drivers that were marked as outdated by "WinZip Driver Updater".
Completely erased my GPU driver and reinstalled using DDU.
Resetted my BIOS.
Updated my bios version.

additional details

So i basically tried replacing almost my entire pc except for my motherboard and cpu, and tried some software fixes but without any succes. I was planning on taking my PC to a repair shop soon but figured posting this was worth a shot.

Solution
D
You should’ve upgraded your power supply that looks very suspicious

use Memtest86 to test ram
D

Deleted member 14196

You should’ve upgraded your power supply that looks very suspicious

use Memtest86 to test ram

Solution