games randomly dropping framerates.

Ricardo_54

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Hi! I've been having this issue for quite some time now, even before the october update and im not sure whether i should put it here or not but the game's i've been playing have been having fps drops to unplayable levels or are performing badly from the beginning, I only got 3 examples:

WoW when I alt + tabthe fps goes from 60 to a constant 6 but this issues seems to be fixed by closing firefox;

Rainbow six siege where I randomly drop my fps after loading a match or sometimes when i launch the game;

Payday 2 where I alt tab and the game has low fps and only fixes after alt tabbing a lot of time.

I'm not sure if its windows 10 itself or one of my components that is dying, any help would be appreciated

PC-GAMER_1

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
Are you overclocking by any means ?
What is your hardware ?
what is your task manager saying for usage while alt tabbing ?
what are the temps like of your machine while gaming ?
For now try an alternative of "ALT+ENTER" which will go from full screen to window mode and then alt+enter to go back to full screen mode - let us know if this does the same to your fps

regards

Ricardo_54

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
1 - No
2 - Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0;16 gb ram; 1tb 7200 rpm hdd; GTX 960 2gb and FX 6300
3- task manager's usage is usually normal, cpu usage doesnt go to 100 % in most games
4 - 50 degrees cpu and 60 to gpu
5 - I already tried that but the frames still bug out