Question Games randomly started loading extremely slow + not responding

yung dank

Reputable
May 27, 2016
So about 3 days ago some of my games have been taking a really long time to load. Other applications such as Chrome and Discord and game launchers (Steam, Battle.net, Origins) don't seem to share the issue.

I've updated my drivers, and also Windows 10 (I feel like updating Windows 10 maybe made it worse) but now it seems like all the games I play now load environments extremely slow. For example World of Warcraft, before I was able to load zones fairly quickly but now to even load a dungeon or zone it will take up to 5 minutes and even takes up to 5 minutes to even load character selection. And Apex Legends will sometimes load on a black screen for 10 minutes to then load on buggy low poly textures lobby. I don't know what would've caused it. Also, my CPU or doesn't really spike or anything, I updated my drivers, I even uninstalled my graphic drivers and reinstalled, and did a sfc scannow, and that even removed a few corrupted files but I'm still getting the same issue.

I updated and reinstalled both games, and other non-game applications don't share the same problem. I don't know what could've caused it as I started having this problem on WoW about 3-4 days ago. Below listed is all the specs I'm running, as said before 3-4 days ago I was having no problems what so ever. And like I've said before, it doesn't seem to be my CPU or anything else because nothing is overheating or the like.

Kinda at a loss at the moment. Currently just watching YouTube/Twitch until I can try to figure out a fix to this.

CPU: i5 7400 3.0 GHz 4 core
RAM: 16 GB Gskill Ripjaw
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 W 80+ Bronze
GPU: Radeon RX 560
MB: AROCK B250M-HDV

Edit: Just tried to boot up Overwatch to see if it was just Apex and WoW, but Overwatch seems to have the same problem, just a black screen and not responding every few seconds.

Edit 2: WoW seems to be back to normal(?) but Overwatch and Apex seem to still be loading slow/having problems. Weird.

Edit 3: Thinking Apex is starting to mess up other games, WoW was running fine, so I tried Apex, then switched back to WoW after it didn't work. Now WoW is messed up again.

Last edited:

yung dank

Reputable
May 27, 2016
Uninstalled Apex and Origins, WoW seems to be okay, but it's still taking forever to load certain things (spell animations and NPCs are slow to load in) and also whenever I interact with stuff I usually get a 5-10 second screen freeze. Tried everything I could up to this point.

yung dank

Reputable
May 27, 2016
I took out my E: Drive, but now my Chrome/Discord/Blizzard takes a while to load now, for example, before it would take like 2-3 seconds to load a webpage, now takes 30seconds - 3minutes to fully load a page. Any suggestions?