Games randomly stop responding or just crash to desktop??

chloefreak17

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I need help! Every game i play eventually stops responding or just closes for no reason on my new computer. Crysis minmises and i get a message say it stopped responding, same with mafia 2 and Cod 4/5. And in combat arms it just closes without any message at all. I was thinking it was my cpu overheating but know idk. It doesn't get above 60c while playing.
I have a Phenom 2 955be and the fan is really noisy, like 3000rpm on idle, 6000rpm on while gaming. What could be causing this? All drivers are up to date.

chargedgod1

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
First let me know what graphics card ,amount of ram....
sometimes game compatibility is prob....yr cpu is certainly powerfull enough for those games but what about gfx and ram....they can be the bottleneck....try some patches....i had similar prob with sof3 on win7 and vista..applied patch and no prob.....check yr gfx card tem...if it's above 90s there's the prob...ok

chloefreak17

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
yep
yeah it crashes and it comes up with the ***.exe has stopped responding would you like to wait or close program box..
it has happened for crysis and mafia 2, the only games i have atm.. and combat arms, which is free

chloefreak17

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
ok, it seams when i run the game in safe mode i get a bsod and when in normal it stop responding.
i got a 'driver_irql_not_less_or_equal' while playing on safe mode, so is it alright to assume i should reinstall all the drivers?