BournGamer

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Build:

i5-4570
XFX R9-270X OC
Gigabyte Z97-Wifi

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my new rig (built in July 2014) since day one. The problem I'm having is that upon a fresh system boot, normally cold, my games will run horribly (extremely low framerates). For example, today I opened up Tomb Raider 2013 and ran the benchmark when I was having issues on Low and peaked at 26 fps. On Ultra I can easily hit 60 fps. What's odd is that resetting my computer seems to fix these problems. Sometimes it can take three restarts for the issue to go away. Any ideas what could be happening? This issue isn't limited to any games as it's crippled easily run games such as Portal.

alme55

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
check you temperatures, you mobo might not be showing the right temperatures and you are getting throttling.

It could also be your power supply not giving enough power to your gpu causing it to run slower, has it ever crashed on you?

BournGamer

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

Power supply is fine. I even have it the power limit raised due to an overclock (which I've run without with the same issues).

Temps look fine according to both PC Wizard and CPUID

alme55

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Check your temps in the bios. Also try to run a benchmark like Heaven while the throttling is happening, while doing that actually look at your gpu fan, make sure it is spinning properly

BournGamer

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

AMD update made me reset so the problem is gone for now. I'll be sure to respond when it inevitably happens next