[SOLVED] Games running slower after Cpu upgrade

Feb 10, 2019
I recently upgraded my cpu to an Amd fx 8350 from a phenom 2 x4 and i realized video games started to run worse than before. Can anyone help ?

Specs :
Windows 10
motherboard : 970a-d3
Gpu : Radeon Rx 560 (latest drivers)
8 gb ram
Cpu : Fx 8350

Solution
It needs bios FB or newer to fully support your cpu.

What are your cpu temps while.gaming? Keep an eye on both temps and clockspeed. I still suspect your vrms are throttling as that's still definitely not a motherboard I'd use with a 8350

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=3908

Your CPU is.not actually supported by your motherboard.

1) make sure your bios is Fully updated

2) go into bios after update and attempt to undervolt the cpu as much as possible. I suspect by the list of supported CPUs that your cpu is running too hot and overheating the vrms maybe if you undervolt and use a good down draft cooler it will stop throttling

Feb 10, 2019

i forgot to mention that it is the rev 3 .0 version that does support the cpu and the latest bios is beta. Should i still try updating the bios?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
It needs bios FB or newer to fully support your cpu.

What are your cpu temps while.gaming? Keep an eye on both temps and clockspeed. I still suspect your vrms are throttling as that's still definitely not a motherboard I'd use with a 8350

Solution

mikef845

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I recently upgraded my cpu to an Amd fx 8350 from a phenom 2 x4 and i realized video games started to run worse than before. Can anyone help ?

Specs :
Windows 10
motherboard : 970a-d3
Gpu : Radeon Rx 560 (latest drivers)
8 gb ram
Cpu : Fx 8350

Have you reset the BIOS to optimal defaults or whatever it's called in your BIOS? Also your CMOS battery might be failing.