Games runs at 30 fps locked in fullscreen

Nov 12, 2018
So as the title says: i cant play games on fullscreen on 60 fps.

I have a GTX 1070, i5-7600k and my pc hooked up to my tv via HDMI. It is a true 100 hz panel, tv is Philips 49pus7202.

When i turn a game into fullscreen, it locks the game on 30 fps. No matter the resolution.

GTA 5: no matter what settings, on fullscreen it will give me an refresh rate option until 30 hz.

Halo wars 2: same issue.

Some games can work with bordeless window and give me 60 fps, but the resolution wont change then. Even if i change the in game resolution, the result in bordeless window stays the same.

I tried bordeless gaming, v - sync on and off. About v - sync, when i turning it off in game, no matter the fps the screen will tear.

Edit: i am using the nvidia driver 416.81 version and Windows 10 build 1803.

What. Am. I. Doing. Wrong?

Check the specs of your tv, some monitors and tvs only operate at their advertised numbers on one input. For example one hdm inputi might be able to do 4k@60hz and the other 4k@30hz or over display port only .... get what I'm saying? Your config might just be set up wrong

Nov 12, 2018
I accidently downvoted u sorry. Where can i see the refresh rate in the nvidia Control panel? Even so, i dont think it make a difference because in windowed some games will go to 60 fps