Games Slow/Lag on Higher Resolution

Jul 22, 2018
I just bought a computer that is:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
4 Cores
16GB's of Ram
2TB Hard-drive
that already had installed an Nvidia GeForce GT 730 4GB graphics card

I downloaded steam, access my account, installed my games, but none of them will work at high resolutions like 1920x1080 and is okay-ish on 1280x720
The games only play on 1024x768 but I can see low quality because my Asus Monitor is for 1920x1080

I tried updating the Nvidia graphics card but it says every time: "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I tried putting in another graphics card, but the PC wouldn't boot up at all or go to any Bios or StartUp settings. I put the card it originally came with and the PC boot up normally without a problem I even checked the registry with CCleaner and there were no issues.

I tried playing the game: Ryse: Son of Rome, can get to the menu, tried changing all the settings to low, but it froze the computer and I had to turn off manually. I couldn't get control+alt+delete to even work.

I was using an older PC with similar specks only with 8GB and I can't increase, it's maxed on the older machine. I never had to change any settings and it worked perfectly with the higher resolution 1920x1080. I've even tried compatibility mode like Windows XP Service Pack 1-3 but the problems still persists, sometimes the games won't even start with XP service pack mode.

Can someone tell me what is causing this? I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to hardware. Where I bought this PC on the Amazon marketplace, brand new, not refurbished, said it was a gaming computer! What do I need to do to fix this issue?