[SOLVED] Games started shuttering

Jan 19, 2020
Hello! My games started shuttering a few days ago, the whole game freezes for a sec. I don't know if it's because my GPU, RAM, PSU or maybe the new HDD in my PC. I checked few things and didn't find any hardware problems, drivers are up to date. Also I don't use any CPU tuning or anything like that, didn't notice overheating.

There are my spec:
CPU: OctalCore AMD FX-8300, 4219 MHz (21 x 201)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB)
HDD1: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (1 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
HDD2: WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 ATA Device (1 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
RAM: 2x4 Kingston HyperX KHX1866C10D3/4G
PSU: Deepcool DE380 380W

Solution
Make sure your hd's are in AHCI mode in bios for sata. Make sure you have downloads option while playing steam games disabled. Can you post up your Nvidia control panel 3d settings? Try using a latency monitoring app to see if there is a driver conflict somewhere. You run it in the background while playing games/using computer, and after a while you check the apps report for any driver issues. https://www.resplendence.com/main There are some other handy apps on this page too along with latency monitoring.
Jan 19, 2020
Well I checked CSGO, ETS2, and GTA V, all of them freezed sometimes. My monitor is 1920 x 1080.

I didn't enable anything in bios, the os is on the toshiba, the wdc is the new one, but doesnt matter if I install the games on the toshiba or wdc, the freezing happens still, I checked that.

Make sure your hd's are in AHCI mode in bios for sata. Make sure you have downloads option while playing steam games disabled. Can you post up your Nvidia control panel 3d settings? Try using a latency monitoring app to see if there is a driver conflict somewhere. You run it in the background while playing games/using computer, and after a while you check the apps report for any driver issues. https://www.resplendence.com/main There are some other handy apps on this page too along with latency monitoring.

Solution
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for your advice!
One of my friend said it could even be my PSU since 380W is too weak for this config, it can be true?

Last edited: