Games Starting on Wrong Monitor

mrnoobtastic

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
When I launch a game, it starts up on my tablet monitor which I have to set as my primary because it wouldn't work correctly otherwise. I want the games to launch on my second monitor instead. I know a few games have the option to choose which monitor it launches on. So is there a way to set it so that games would launch on my secondary monitor instead of my primary one?

Specs in case they are needed:

CPU: Intel i5-7600k
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M5
Storage: Kingston A400 120GB SSD and 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HHD
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
Power Supply: EVGA 650w BQ 80+ Bronze
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Solution
If the game doesn't include a switching monitors option like you've said, the only way to force the game to launch on one or more displays is by setting them as default or primary monitor on either Windows or NVIDIA Control Panel to work properly. Some games though seems to have issues with that, the best you can do as an alternative is to change the game resolution display to "Windowed", then drag the game screen to the desired monitor then set it back to FullScreen or press ALT + ENTER. I usually do that with games that doesn't support monitor switching and it works.

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
If the game doesn't include a switching monitors option like you've said, the only way to force the game to launch on one or more displays is by setting them as default or primary monitor on either Windows or NVIDIA Control Panel to work properly. Some games though seems to have issues with that, the best you can do as an alternative is to change the game resolution display to "Windowed", then drag the game screen to the desired monitor then set it back to FullScreen or press ALT + ENTER. I usually do that with games that doesn't support monitor switching and it works.

Solution