Question Games stuck at 1fps

Ardaaslan02

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
hi,

i upgraded from a i7-4770k to a Ryzen 5 5600x a few months ago and I've been having problems ever since. Every time I try to start my pc it takes really really long to even see the msi logo, also, when the pc does finally boot I have really poor performance( constant freezing) and i have to keep restarting my pc till games finally run at full performance. Recently, games and other gpu accelerated tasks have broken. Every single game i try to play is locked at 1 fps and any web page or video keeps freezing. Even the MSI kombustor benchmark runs at 1 fps. I have tried updating my drivers and reverting old ones, I have tried updating my bios and reverting back to old ones, I have tried installing a fresh copy of windows, yet i am still getting poor perfomance.

Any help is appreciated.

My specs:
AMD RX 590 8GB
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
8GB x 2 3200Mhz RAM
MSI B550M MAG motherboard
240gb sata ssd (boot)
1tb nvme
1tb hdd
500gb hdd
500W PSU

4745454b

Titan
My standard advice with such a question is double check the temps and speeds. On everything. CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. Make sure everything is running as it should. If you can, take your GPU out and test it in another machine. If the problem moves then that's the issue. How full are the drives? Which 500W PSU?

Ardaaslan02

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
My standard advice with such a question is double check the temps and speeds. On everything. CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. Make sure everything is running as it should. If you can, take your GPU out and test it in another machine. If the problem moves then that's the issue. How full are the drives? Which 500W PSU?

Thank you for the reply!

HWmonitor shows that everything is running cool. CPU averages 36c idle 68c when stress testing, GPU averages 50c idle 70c when stress testing.

I unfortunately don't have another system to test the gpu.

My boot ssd is half full. 1tb ssd is nearly full, 1tb hdd is quarter full and 500gb is nearly full.

i have a EVGA 500w bronze psu

many thanks!

hi,

i upgraded from a i7-4770k to a Ryzen 5 5600x a few months ago and I've been having problems ever since. Every time I try to start my pc it takes really really long to even see the msi logo, also, when the pc does finally boot I have really poor performance( constant freezing) and i have to keep restarting my pc till games finally run at full performance. Recently, games and other gpu accelerated tasks have broken. Every single game i try to play is locked at 1 fps and any web page or video keeps freezing. Even the MSI kombustor benchmark runs at 1 fps. I have tried updating my drivers and reverting old ones, I have tried updating my bios and reverting back to old ones, I have tried installing a fresh copy of windows, yet i am still getting poor perfomance.

Any help is appreciated.

My specs:
AMD RX 590 8GB
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
8GB x 2 3200Mhz RAM
MSI B550M MAG motherboard
240gb sata ssd (boot)
1tb nvme
1tb hdd
500gb hdd
500W PSU
Unplug all disk except for the boot disk.
Any diff in boot time?