Question Games stutter at high fps

Jun 21, 2019
In apex legend and some other game my frames are over 100 and its smooth but if my frames go under 100 at like 90 or 80 and less the games are stuttering a lot its hard to play i tried a lot of things but nothing helped.
My pc: cpu i3 8100 3.6ghz
gpu gtx 1060 3gb
ram 1x8gb 2400hz
monitor 144hz 1ms 1080p
Here's a video of how stuttering looks
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ0u2RaZKc

Atrox321

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
Answer:

Did you install all the drivers, not just the nvidia experience, but the motherboard drivers, and cpu drivers and you should be good to go. This is how I fixed mine, well anyways if you are not sure or can't remember if you installed them, just try to install again and it won't do harm. But I can garuntee you that if they are fully installed, installed all the drivers then you should not have any more stuttering.

Jun 21, 2019
Answer:

Did you install all the drivers, not just the nvidia experience, but the motherboard drivers, and cpu drivers and you should be good to go. This is how I fixed mine, well anyways if you are not sure or can't remember if you installed them, just try to install again and it won't do harm. But I can garuntee you that if they are fully installed, installed all the drivers then you should not have any more stuttering.
I installed cpu and mb drivers but its still the same.

Atrox321

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
Have you tried to use DDU to uninstall the drivers then install everything afterwards?

Important Drivers:
Motherboard:
Search your motherboard and install all the drivers

CPU:
Intel chipset driver
Intel MEI
Intel RST

GPU:
Nvidia driver

The thing is why I think its the drivers its because I had the same problem for like a month but I was just ignoring it and found this fix yesterday.

Well anyways good luck.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
I hate to say it but your CPU is holding you back, even if you were to get another stick of ram, you will notice the same thing as what youre getting now. The only thing i can suggest is to:

-Run your shadow settings as low as YOU can handle them.
-Turn off all forms of Anti-Aliasing(more gpu intensive but will close the bottleneck gap)
-And reduce all post-processing
***IF applicable turndown draw distance if the setting is there.

This WILL help you if you reduce these settings *Shadows being the biggest Cpu drag. Hope this helps.

Jun 21, 2019
I hate to say it but your CPU is holding you back, even if you were to get another stick of ram, you will notice the same thing as what youre getting now. The only thing i can suggest is to:

-Run your shadow settings as low as YOU can handle them.
-Turn off all forms of Anti-Aliasing(more gpu intensive but will close the bottleneck gap)
-And reduce all post-processing
***IF applicable turndown draw distance if the setting is there.

This WILL help you if you reduce these settings *Shadows being the biggest Cpu drag. Hope this helps.
Im playing on lowest setting everything is off or lowest.

Jun 21, 2019
In other games my cpu is over 90% but gpu is around 30%-80%.
But i've seen people with same cpu and gpu who can play normal with normal usages so i think its either my ram or maybe something with motherboard.

Jul 28, 2019
In apex legend and some other game my frames are over 100 and its smooth but if my frames go under 100 at like 90 or 80 and less the games are stuttering a lot its hard to play i tried a lot of things but nothing helped.
My pc: cpu i3 8100 3.6ghz
gpu gtx 1060 3gb
ram 1x8gb 2400hz
monitor 144hz 1ms 1080p
Here's a video of how stuttering looks
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ0u2RaZKc
Make sure that you have windows update May 2019, then reinstall you driver using DDU, I had the same problem as you in almost all games. Reinstallation without windows update didn't help. For example in Far Cry New Dawn gpu usage was droping a lot after windows + driver installation it was 99% almost all the time.