Question Games stutter heavily but only in fullscreen mode ?

alsolinnancel

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I recently upgraded to windows 11 and facing a weird problem in games.
When I open a game in fullscreen mode it starts to stutter heavily even if my fps is showing 60. But when I go to windowed mode all of the shuttering vanishes in an instant.
Also one thing to note, if I switch tab (alt+tab) to my fullscreen game, it doesn't stutter for 3-5 seconds and then it starts stuttering again.

Also I tried several drivers but none of them seems to fix anything.

CPU: I5 10400f
Ram: 16gb
GPU: Sapphire 6700 XT
PSU: Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 650W 80 PLUS Bronze
Display Driver: AMD 22.11.2

Any kind of help is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Lutfij

Titan
What games are we looking at here? As for your build, what is the age of the PSU? With regards to your OS, where did you source the installer for the OS? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on? You will also need to include the make and model of your motherboard.

Also I tried several drivers but none of them seems to fix anything.
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, prior to reinstalling each driver that didn't resolve the issue?

alsolinnancel

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
Hey! Thank you so much for the reply!
It is fine if the game is latest like Miles Morales, Elden Ring, but for the game that is a bit old like Genshin and Valorant that I mostly play, I need to "Alt+Enter" to make them into window mode to play them.

My PSU is not that old, It has not been 3 months since I upgraded my pc (Mostly my PSU and GPU)
I downloaded the OS with "Windows 11 Installation Media".
My motherboard is not good unfortunately, Biostar H410MH running version "5.17" (Which is the latest) .
and lastly, yes, I used DDU every time when uninstalling my GPU.

Everything started happening after installing windows 11, so I was hoping if anyone knew any fixes like windows not giving enough priority to some fullscreen games.
I would have instantly downgraded to windows 10 if I had time in this semester but unfortunately I have many softwares configured which I have to reinstall and reconfigure again if I reinstall windows.

Anyway, Thanks again for the reply!

TRENDING THREADS