[SOLVED] Games stuttering after 2 or 3 hours

spardason

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
So i have Ryzen 5 2400g, 16 RAM 3000 mhz, Geforce 1060 GTX

I can play most games in high settings, including witcher 3, fallout 4, batman arkham saga, resident evil 2 remake, assassins creed origins, metro exodus, far cry 4, 5 and some others, all games between 50 and 60 fps, sometimes even more
I've noticed all games go smoothly ...for the first 2 or 3 hours, after that, there is a stuttering and fps drops/spikes in all games, i've checked temps with 3 different programs, GPU below 90c and CPU below 80c (under very heavy load)

Weird thing, most of the time if i close the game and open it again almost inmediately, it runs nice again

What else could be?

Solution
When you say GPU under 90c what temperature is it running at specifically?

Both the GPU and CPU thermal throttle around 85c so will lose performance if they are getting to that temperature.

Andy

spardason

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
When you say GPU under 90c what temperature is it running at specifically?

Both the GPU and CPU thermal throttle around 85c so will lose performance if they are getting to that temperature.

Andy
I checked again today, played 2 hours and temp for both was under 70c, CPU 66c and GPU 68c, the day i saw those super high temps, it was a super hot day, like 45c, but today is rather cool (i live in a tropical country)