Question Game's stuttering but FPS is not dropping?

Nathan Brewer

Prominent
Dec 25, 2022
Hello! After a recent Windows 10 Install, I've noticed that in pretty much every game I play, it seems to stutter, despite no FPS drops that are large enough to cause stuttering. Even in older games like Counter-Strike: Source, I always get 299 FPS and it stays at 299 with very minimal FPS drops (dropping from 299 to 298) As you can see in the video (Imgur lowered the quality by a lot), the game stays at 298-299 FPS the entire time but there is noticeable stuttering. Now I do admit it is a bit hard to see the stuttering in the video, but if you do catch it, imagine the stuttering you see but multiplied by 10. It interferes with gaming and can cause me to die, lose, etc in situations purely cause it stutters. Like I said this is in EVERY game I play, so it's very bothersome. If you know how to help, thank you in advance.

Video of Stuttering

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's your system specs including monitor? And what programs are listed in startup items in task manager?

Use Msi Afterburner or similar to monitor cpu usage, primarily the cpu field without a number in AB to see total usage.

I can sorta see the very slight - slight pause happening frequently. See what happens if you limited fps, starting with your monitor's refresh. Also try Vsync but limit fps -1 below refresh.

Nathan Brewer

Prominent
Dec 25, 2022
What's your system specs including monitor? And what programs are listed in startup items in task manager?

Use Msi Afterburner or similar to monitor cpu usage, primarily the cpu field without a number in AB to see total usage.

I can sorta see the very slight - slight pause happening frequently. See what happens if you limited fps, starting with your monitor's refresh. Also try Vsync but limit fps -1 below refresh.
My specs are :
GTX 1660
i7 3770k
16GB DDR4
Windows 10 ver 22H2
Z77A-G41 Motherboard
(Not sure about the PSU as its old and when I got it there were no stickers or branding on it)

I use Two TV's for monitors since I don't have actual monitors, my main 'monitor' is a VISIO SV420M and my secondary 'monitor' is a Westinghouse WD- HB1120C 32in TV. The Westinghouse only goes to 60hz and the VISIO uses motion interpolation to make it appear as 120hz I believe but I could be completely wrong. But I run every game at 60hz. Also I tried to use Vsync and set it to 59 FPS like you said but it didn't work.

Last edited: