Question Games stuttering even though fps is always above 60

Apr 13, 2021
Hello, currently I'm using a dell inspire 7559 laptop and at first, everything was going smooth and etc. But now while playing games like csgo it just feels choppy when I interact with enemies or when I'm looking directly at smoke, it gets choppy and completely ruins the game experience. I don't think it's something wrong with csgo, because I play League of Legends a lot and the same happens there, if I get into a fight the game starts feeling super choppy even though fps is 60+ at all times.
It may be my fault because I updated my GPU drivers and only later found out that it was a bad idea. So I did a factory reset and got the specific drivers for this laptop from dell's page.
And something else I noticed is that afterburner doesn't even show temps of GPU and how much mhz it's using right now, and even when it's showing something the mhz is stuck at 405 and only get higher when I open any game, but then it randomly likes to jump from 405 to 1097. before the games started feeling choppy mhz was always at 1097 I believe, or at 405 and when any game was launched stayed at 1097 without any random jumps. I don't remember exactly how it was.
If you need any more info please tell me.
Specifations:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (4GB GDDR5)
  • Display: 15.6”, 4K UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS.
  • Storage: 1000GB HDD.
  • RAM: 12GB DDR3L, 1600 MHz.

Hello, currently I'm using a dell inspire 7559 laptop and at first, everything was going smooth and etc. But now while playing games like csgo it just feels choppy when I interact with enemies or when I'm looking directly at smoke, it gets choppy and completely ruins the game experience. I don't think it's something wrong with csgo, because I play League of Legends a lot and the same happens there, if I get into a fight the game starts feeling super choppy even though fps is 60+ at all times.
It may be my fault because I updated my GPU drivers and only later found out that it was a bad idea. So I did a factory reset and got the specific drivers for this laptop from dell's page.
And something else I noticed is that afterburner doesn't even show temps of GPU and how much mhz it's using right now, and even when it's showing something the mhz is stuck at 405 and only get higher when I open any game, but then it randomly likes to jump from 405 to 1097. before the games started feeling choppy mhz was always at 1097 I believe, or at 405 and when any game was launched stayed at 1097 without any random jumps. I don't remember exactly how it was.
If you need any more info please tell me.
Specifations:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (4GB GDDR5)
  • Display: 15.6”, 4K UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS.
  • Storage: 1000GB HDD.
  • RAM: 12GB DDR3L, 1600 MHz.
Do you have Vsync on and does your laptop have gsync?