games stuttering, FPS drops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014
lately my games have been stuttering a lot, especially The Division. i updated the drivers for 2,3 months with windows 10 for GTX 970.
can anyone tell me why are the games stuttering ?

Solution
Try this then.
1.Open Powershell in admin
2. type/copy this "Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage"
3. Restart and see if it still appear

i have noticed myself that the xbox app reduce performance.

Update
if that dose not do the trick download THIS and run it. it will change reg keys when it comes to something called DVR

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

i tried everything u told me to.
its still not fixed

leifus

Honorable
Aug 19, 2014
Try this then.
1.Open Powershell in admin
2. type/copy this "Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage"
3. Restart and see if it still appear

i have noticed myself that the xbox app reduce performance.

Update
if that dose not do the trick download THIS and run it. it will change reg keys when it comes to something called DVR

Solution

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

ok, i'll try

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

you NAILED it, man !
i removed the Xbox app & its working fine.
thanx man.
i was about to give up hope

leifus

Honorable
Aug 19, 2014

Glad to hear it fixed the problem :)

Awesome! I was getting to the end of my wits. I actually always unsinstall all unnecessary apps, including Xbox, so i've never had the "pleasure" of running into such issues. Cheers, leifus!

EDIT: OP, I've selected leifus' post as the solution so that other people with your issue can easily find it. Hope you don't mind.

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

although, there are micro-stutters in the game but they aren't that frequent

To teh point where you woudl say that somethigns amiss? Microstutter is not something you can completly get rid of.

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

ah well, u are right !
by the way, in HITMAN, the FPS drops from 60 to 30.
i m not saying the game stutters, but i just want to know that why is it so, since i m using the GTX 970 ?
Even in GTA V i get the FPS not more than 45.
isn't the GTX 970 suppose to be a capable card ?

It depends on the settings you use. ANd HItman doens;t run that well on Nvidia cards, being a more AMD optimized game. ALso, sometimes you will be CPU limited even with a very powerfull CPU like you own.

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014

DAMN !
that SUCKS !

timelord84

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Wondering if you have any ideas for me. I'm getting this long random stutter in most games on my new PC, I ran the powershell command for removing the game bar and sadly that didn't work.

I have a Maximus IX Code mobo, 7700k, Trident.Z 3200 DDR4, 840 Evo SATA SSD and a GTX 1080 FTWT and so far I've tried disabling any overclock and XMP profiles. Tried isolating RAM sticks and reinstalled Windows few times. Even tried installing some games that are having this issue on another SSD and seems like I can't figure it out and I'm wondering how bad this might be...

I'm about to try installing Windows on to that Intel SSD but if I can avoid that it would save me a headache.

Any ideas?

This isn't every game I play that I've noticed but in different FPS games with different engines I get this freeze

TRENDING THREADS