Question Games stuttering, no FPS drops

syrena17

Prominent
Jul 24, 2020
Hello guys, I have been noticing spikes/stutters when playing games.
There are no FPS drops, I checked task manager and its also not a process eating up RAM.
And it's also not my temps because I checked my temps and it never exceeds 67 degrees.

My specs are:
i7-9700K
RTX 2060 Super.
16gb 2666Mhz ram (2x8)

I'm not a computer expert, thats why I decided to ask here.
It's starting to annoy me because it literally occurs every 10 seconds. and it really influences my gaming experience.

(I also tried different benchmarks, low graphics as well as really high, it runs any settings perfectly, but the stutters occur no matter what graphic setting I use).
My PC is also only like 3/4 months old. Never had any issues with temps, bottlenecks or anything in that category.
My pc also does everything else fine. It's just the stutters, and yeah the weird thing is also that I have an FPs counter in almost every game I play, and it never drops. I even recorded once and played it back in slowmotion to see if it actually might have jumped to a low fps extremely fast but this was not the case. So I'm kinda clueless here and could really use some help with this.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

You might try and set MSI afterburner to show some stuff on screen while you game.

In the OSD for MSI Afterburner, set it to show

CPU - Usage/Temps/Clock Speed
GPU - Usage/Temps/Vram/Clockspeed/Framrate/Frametime/1% Low
System ram usage.

Then you can watch on screen as you game and look out for 100% usage scenarios, and/or spikes in frame time. It will hopefully show what's going on for you. Post a screen shot of your system at load whilst gaming.

You could also set up HWMon/Info to monitor your hardware on the fly.