Question Games stuttering when loading sounds for the first time

higuys23

Honorable
Jun 22, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Lately I have been experiencing an issue in games such as Squad, Post Scriptum, and Insurgency Sandstorm where the game stutters as sounds are loaded in for the first time. My specs are a Ryzen 3 1300X, 8GB of DDR4 2400, and a GTX 1060 3GB. The games run fine otherwise, reaching 50+ fps on the highest settings. But, whenever sounds are loaded in for the first time, the game completely freezes until the sound plays. I initially thought it was just a CPU bottleneck due to antivirus hogging 30+% of the CPU. However, I fixed this issue and performance improved, however the stuttering didn't stop. My next thought, especially since it seems to occur mostly on initial load of new sounds, was that it is a RAM issue. Ran memtest86 just to be sure, and everything passed so might I just need more than 8GB even though memory usage shows less than 100% on task manager? I'm not really sure where to look next, though, as I want to rule out the CPU, hard drive, etc. before I run out and purchase a new memory kit.

Thanks for your help,
Mark

higuys23

Honorable
Jun 22, 2014
I apologize as this is a duplicate post from an earlier post in the components category. That one disappeared after I posted it so I thought it had been removed for being in the wrong category so I posted this one, but it appears there now. Whichever post is in the wrong category can be deleted.