[SOLVED] Games Stuttering

Aug 11, 2021
So i bought a laptop for Uni a couple months back and i occassionally use it for gaming when i'm not home,however even though the specs allow me to play at certain settings I will always stutter no matter the settings.
I recently found through trial and error that disable Turbo Boost makes it so that my games won't stutter however my frames drop significantly with it off and the gameplay doesn't feel as smooth.
Games like Skyrim which arent intensive either CPU or GPU run fine with turbo boost on or off but stutters with it on so I turn it off to play it,however games like Outlast II or Green Hell or even Overwatch have quite less FPS with turbo boost turned off at the pro of not stuttering ,however none of these are ideal,i'd love to play the games at Turbo Boost fps without the stuttering but I cant figure out what is causing it.

CPU Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
RAM 8 GB DDR4 (2 x 4 GB)
Storage 512 GB SSD PCIe NVMe
GPU :NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350, 2GB GDDR5
Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
Acer Aspire 5 A515-56G-51RK
I believe that to be the model. Downloading the newest drivers from Nvidia seems to have lessened the issue. The previous drivers make it worse and new ones are almost perfect.
Never had this type of problem with my desktop pcs either.

Try doing all that is suggested in this guide.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming

It doesn't say much of turbo boost but it might help regarding stuttering.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
The graphic card is the main culprit as its not powerful enough to render the graphics of the games you've mentioned. Outlast II requires a GTX brand something which is not in your build.

You need to upgrade the graphic card.

Aug 11, 2021
The graphic card is the main culprit as its not powerful enough to render the graphics of the games you've mentioned. Outlast II requires a GTX brand something which is not in your build.

You need to upgrade the graphic card.
I wish you wouldve read the post.
Fps in either of those games averages way above 60 but its stutters with turbo boost turned on.
Theres plenty of videos on YouTube of the same gpu running said games.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I wish you wouldve read the post.
Fps in either of those games averages way above 60 but its stutters with turbo boost turned on.
Theres plenty of videos on YouTube of the same gpu running said games.

Steam even mentions minimum requirements for such games which is under GTX.

I failed to read your post but all the more reason that it won't run games well is that the chipset in the laptops are generally inferior to that of desktop. Hence why it performs poorly in some cases.

You're best bet is to get a better laptop.

Aug 11, 2021
Steam even mentions minimum requirements for such games which is under GTX.

I failed to read your post but all the more reason that it won't run games well is that the chipset in the laptops are generally inferior to that of desktop. Hence why it performs poorly in some cases.

You're best bet is to get a better laptop.
Ok ill try this again.
Turbo boost turned on 60+fps +stuttering
Turbo boost turned off +/- 40/50 fps no stuttering.
Samw thing happens with overwatch or minecraft or wtv game.
This happens with 99% of the games no matter if they released last year or 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021
I'll try again

What is the name of the laptop? And what is its model no?
I believe that to be the model. Downloading the newest drivers from Nvidia seems to have lessened the issue. The previous drivers make it worse and new ones are almost perfect.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020

Try doing all that is suggested in this guide.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming

It doesn't say much of turbo boost but it might help regarding stuttering.

Solution