Mar 29, 2020
So recently every game I have been playing has been stuttering like crazy, even games that aren't hard to run like Minecraft, the severity of the stuttering varies per game with the worst being Minecraft and Apex Legends, Modern Warfare stutters but less often and for as little, the stuttering isn't in the form of FPS drops as I am able to lock the FPS at 60 and keep it there at all times (my monitors are both 60hz), I also purchased some new RAM doubling the capacity to 16GB and also increasing the speed to 3200mhz which did not change anything (the RAM is dual channel). When I open task manager or run something like MSI my CPU usage is always at 100% with small drops to 95% and my gpu sits around 60/70% depending on the game, this stuttering even happens when watching YT or using Photoshop.

I have tried; Updating all drivers, uninstalling older drivers, defragging my HDD, doing a HDD test which came up fine, scanning for corrupt windows files, multiple virus scans, checking all games files, uninstalling unused apps, removing all unused/needed processes in task manager, underclocking, overclocking, the temperatures are completely fine, the voltage never drops rapidly suggesting it isn't a PSU problem, and crying in a corner hoping it would subside.

If anyone can help as to why it might be doing this please comment I really need to figure this out as I use this PC for college work (important during the COVID issue) and 100% cannot afford to replace parts if there is no fix, the stuttering was also happening before and after I swapped my RAM meaning it wasn't/isn't a RAM issue.

Mar 29, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?
malware scan the system?

My specs are: CPU - Ryzen 3 2300x 3.5Ghz, GPU - AMD RX 570 4GB, RAM - 16GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengence LPK, Motherboard - Asus A320M-R, PSU - Cooler Master MWE 500

The CPU sits around 60 - 70 degrees when gaming depending on what is happening.
The GPU sits around 60 -70 degrees too but with games like Minecraft its around 40 as it isn't used much.

CPU usage is almost always 100% sometimes dips to 95%.
GPU usage is usually about 60 - 70% depending on where I am looking.

I use around 70% of my RAM but this is with Discord open too and everything at higher graphics levels.

My HDD is around 80 - 90% when gaming and spikes to about 100% when loading in but stays around that 80 - 90 area once loaded.

I have used numerous anti-virus software, multiple times, all come up saying nothing is infected my PC.

My PC is also fairly new, around 8 months old so I don't think it has anything to do with components waring down, it also happened fairly suddenly.

Mar 29, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?
malware scan the system?

I started playing MW since I updated my drivers for my GPU again just so check, currently it hasn't stuttered yet, even though the drivers are the same as the ones I was previously using, I will keep you updated but the problem might have subsided, I am not sure though

Mar 29, 2020
you have 16GB and still using 70%?
check virtual memory setting?
It says I have 4096MB of VRAM, also, I tested Apex Legends too and no stutters, even after a while of gaming, I'm pretty sure something was wrong with my drivers, but this should've been solved long ago as I have uninstalled and updated my drivers numerous times, I am going to keep this thread open though as it could happen again and it was just a one off.