[SOLVED] Games that don't have the option to change the directx version cut my fps in half ?

Jun 26, 2021
games that don't have the option to change the directx version cut my fps in half by that i mean what fps counter says, if it says 60 it actually displays 30 for my eyes to see, i had this problem on a different pc and montitor so i bought new ones but this porblem didnt go away please help me

windows 10
gtx 1660 ti
ryzen 5 3600x

Solution
Not always. Some ppl don't know what's common or not. Little things like getting rid of Xbox and gamebar, or setting ReBar, turning off Ray Tracing or setting pre-rendered 3d frames to 1 (default is 3) are also considered as 'common' solutions by some, but not others.

Could be as simple as you failing to mention whether you are using Geforce Experience (or not) and those Unreal engines are being shoved through a 4k DSR, being optimized for picture quality over picture performance.
Jun 26, 2021
Check if it's enabled in the game itself.
Also, what do you use to monitor your fps? Perhaps try another software and see if that reports the same issue. If not, it could just be your monitoring program that is acting up.
144hz, msi afterburner says the same fps as the games say, and i may now what causes the issue, unreal engine 4 games i think that doesnt work correctly, i did some research on games that have issue, they all unreal 4 and the ones that doesnt have are not unreal 4

Jun 26, 2021
Try running the game in Fullscreen Borderless Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen Exclusive. FSE uses Vulcan/OpenGL which can have issues with alt+tab, overlays, dual monitors etc whereas FBM uses DirectX instead through windows control.
thanks but already tried
these are common solutions

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not always. Some ppl don't know what's common or not. Little things like getting rid of Xbox and gamebar, or setting ReBar, turning off Ray Tracing or setting pre-rendered 3d frames to 1 (default is 3) are also considered as 'common' solutions by some, but not others.

Could be as simple as you failing to mention whether you are using Geforce Experience (or not) and those Unreal engines are being shoved through a 4k DSR, being optimized for picture quality over picture performance.

Solution