Games unplayable after installation of new CPU, MOBO, and RAM

Nov 3, 2018
Hello everybody. I have looked around on these forums and I have seen very similar questions to what I am asking but none of them have given me a solution so I figured I'd ask the question with my specs. I was running my pc with an extemely low-end cpu which was bottlenecking my gpu that I upgraded. With my old set up, I could run every game at 60fps (PUBG, RB6, ROE, OW, etc). I recently wanted to upgrade my cpu to remove the bottleneck and get the maximum performance out of my gpu (GTX 1060gb) so I went out and bought a Ryzen 5 2600, a micro-atx board that fit the cpu, and 8gb DDR4 since I was running 16gb of DDR3 on my old set-up and new motherboards sadly don't take DDR3. My psu is a 700W which has never given me any problems at all. Before, I was getting the blue screen saying that Windows had found an error which I found out was due to AOD. After talking to Microsoft Tech. Support for several hours trying to troubleshoot, I ended up doing a complete install of Windows 10 Pro with the disk from boot and I currently can run my computer as a productive pc but when I go into a game (OW or Fortnite), my frames drop from 60fps to 4fps which has resulted in a completely unplayable gaming rig. The only thing that leaves me wondering is the fact that I can run CSGO fine, it just takes a little longer to load into the game. My computer was default set to balanced power use with Windows and my temperatures are fine (<40C). My CPU runs stock at 3400mhz and my ram runs stock at 2400mhz.

While in-game? It wouldn't be below 40C in game unless you weren't running at 43.4GHz. What motherboard do you have? Are you sure you are running at 3.4GHz?

Nov 3, 2018

With the tests I've done, my temps don't exceed 40C at all and they temps are at ~30C in idle or browsing. My motherboard is a Gigabyte A320M-S2H. I stress-tested it at higher than 3.4 because, according to my reading online, the cpu itself can be safely OC to 4GHz but I never changed what my cpu operates at. I am sure it is running at 3.4 as stated both in AMD Ryzen Master and my BIOS.

Nov 3, 2018

I will try to run a game but the problem is that the games do not run at all in order for me to check the temps. I am refering to the stress tests that I have done and alt-tab while in game to check my temps. I am sorry for the misinformation. Is there a way I can accurately check them in-game given the fact that the games themselves don't run?

Nov 3, 2018

Yes. I just removed and reinstalled the graphics drivers and the only drivers I have found for my MOBO is AMD Ryzen Master. Are there any other drivers out there for my MOBO? I am going to run a game to see if the new installation of the drivers changed anything and I will post an update afterwards.

UPDATE: I explained the results in my response to volkgren's suggestion to install Afterburner to check my temperatures.

Nov 3, 2018

Sorry for this post as I made a mistake. The temperatures I was monitoring were the GPU temps. Do you know how to monitor the CPU temps? Would running a benchmark be a good idea? If so, how do I do a benchmark?

TRENDING THREADS