[SOLVED] Games will crash randomly and PC going blue screen a few occasions.

anaxgorous1

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
This only started happening yesterday where I was playing Valorant with my friends and I would constantly tab out because of discord crashing constantly, i had to delete all the discord folders and install discord again to fix it. But it did't end there as games started crashing randomly when playing and closes itself instantly when a game ends after a bunch of restarts and finishing the game, until on one occasion it went blue screen and it had to auto restart. The game crash issue happens almost with any game I play like csgo, valorant and dota 2, even a low-spec game like terraria crashes after a few minutes of playing.

These are the specs although I had it for almost a year without any problems:
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1650
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO- Asrock B450M Pro4-F
PSU- GP550 80+ Bronze
RAM- 8GB DDR4 2666mhz
SDD- Apacer AS340 250GB HDD- Seagate 1TB

as a side note I torrent games to try them out before buying them but it has been a few months since I've even torrent one so the idea of me getting a virus from torrent did not get into me. My last resort would be backing up my files and doing a clean reinstall of windows from my usb, and a side question is if my move my games from steam eg. witcher 3 to my hard disk and reinstall windows to my sdd and download steam again, will it detect the game as being installed?

edit: this doesn't happen if I'm browsing the internet, only when playing games.

Solution
Reset everything to stock and used rivatuner statistics to monitor temperature, changed fan speed to auto in afterburner and surprisingly games did not crash so here are the results(in degree celsius):
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - 67 for gpu, 65 for cpu
Valorant - 70 for gpu, 68 for cpu
Dota 2 - 73 for gpu, 69 for cpu
Monster Hunter World - 77 for gpu, 65 for cpu

all the results are average and tested 20 minutes for each game, however i don't know if it will crash in the future because i had a match of dota for over 1 hour where i crashed more than 5 times
If everything is stable at stock speeds, it tells you that you had an unstable OC setting and/or the additional OC strain on the PSU was...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Part of your issue could be torrenting content. That should stop. Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.

The crashes could be heat and/or power related. What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

anaxgorous1

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
Sorry about the torrenting, but I had to mention it as it might be the problem. I overclock my CPU with amd ryzen master and using its gaming profile and unpark my core with QuickCPU, with the GPU I use Afterburner with the core clock set by the application itself after running the test and a memory clock of +700, I will monitor my temperature when playing games after this and also try playing games without overclocking.

anaxgorous1

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
Reset everything to stock and used rivatuner statistics to monitor temperature, changed fan speed to auto in afterburner and surprisingly games did not crash so here are the results(in degree celsius):

all the results are average and tested 20 minutes for each game, however i don't know if it will crash in the future because i had a match of dota for over 1 hour where i crashed more than 5 times

COLGeek

Cybernaut

If everything is stable at stock speeds, it tells you that you had an unstable OC setting and/or the additional OC strain on the PSU was just too much for it to handle.

Is this your PSU? https://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?id=254

Solution

anaxgorous1

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
yes it is my psu, i've only gotten one crash since running everything at stock speed however i'm curious why this problem has only shown until now as i was able to use those settings without any problem for 6 month straight and even playing 8+ hours of demanding games where i am sure my pc is very hot without even crashing though