Question Games won't launch after upgrade

Feb 9, 2022
I just upgraded my motherboard to the MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 Wifi and the I9 12900k. Everything worked fine until I tried to load a game. The icon will pop up in the task bar at the bottom of the screen, then quickly go away and no launch will occur. I tried loading a different game inside Steam with the same result. I uninstalled my GPU (MSI 2070 Super) and reinstalled everything, no change. I took the GPU out and booted using integrated graphics, same result. I did a recovery reinstall of windows and "save my files". After all that still same result. I tried loading the games as Admin, same result. I tried deleting some apps that I read give similar behavior towards games, ie MSI Afterburner, same result. My windows updates are all current and all other drivers seem to be up to date. I am assuming this has to do with the new hardware but idk.

I just did the clean install. Did a quick windows update and update of my GPU drivers. I downloaded one game to test. It still won't boot the game. I swapped out all the RAM and no change.

Event log:

Faulting application name: launcher.exe_SWTOR Launcher, version: 3.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x528d292a
Faulting module name: dataexchange.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1387, time stamp: 0x8ca968b5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000e402
Faulting process id: 0x328c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d81e23d457643d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dataexchange.dll
Report Id: 302a98e3-83b2-406a-b79e-8809534458ec
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Help! lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/sor31u/games_wont_launch_after_upgrade/

Feb 9, 2022
Do you have any other issues such as crashing or freezing?
No. No other problems. I tried doing a file checker via CMD. Nothing came up. I tried turning off DEP, didn't change the result. It feels like something simple is turned off and that's why the game won't launch. I have reinstalled this game several times and did one more clean install last night with same result.

TRENDING THREADS