Question Games won't run?

redsox233

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2015
Hey I would any help if I can! Also, if this thread needs to be moved I can.

So here's the problem. When I start any game (Overwatch, Warzone, RDR2), it will start loading, then boom my PC crashes and does an automatic restart. I thought it was a driver issue so I updated my GPU drivers and that still did not fix the issue. The thing is, it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

redsox233

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2015
A great place to start would be a complete list of specs, including exact PSU and a history of the problem.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
MoBo: Asus Rog strix b-450
Ram: Corsair vengeance 16gb 3000mhz
GPU: 1660ti
PSU: Powerspec Bronze certified 650w

Basically my computer will randomly just crash and reboot on its own. Last time it happened I was just watching YouTube. Or, when I start any game then it will do this. It just started randomly today. I’ve added nothing or have taken nothing away from my computer.

DSzymborski

Titan
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
MoBo: Asus Rog strix b-450
Ram: Corsair vengeance 16gb 3000mhz
GPU: 1660ti
PSU: Powerspec Bronze certified 650w

Basically my computer will randomly just crash and reboot on its own. Last time it happened I was just watching YouTube. Or, when I start any game then it will do this. It just started randomly today. I’ve added nothing or have taken nothing away from my computer.

Sudden crashes tend to be temperature or power supply. How are you temperatures? And if the temperatures are fine, the next thing to do would be to try another power supply; the PowerSpec Bronze-certified are a mediocre Micro Center house brand with an absolutely ancient design and shouldn't be used with a modern gaming rig.

redsox233

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2015
Sudden crashes tend to be temperature or power supply. How are you temperatures? And if the temperatures are fine, the next thing to do would be to try another power supply; the PowerSpec Bronze-certified are a mediocre Micro Center house brand with an absolutely ancient design and shouldn't be used with a modern gaming rig.
I was watching my CPU and GPU temps when I started a game and they were both around 55 which for a GPU isn't bad and for a CPU not to bad either for it to crash like that. What would be the problem with the PSU?