Question Games won't stay in my primary monitor

Feb 21, 2019
Game open in my secondary monitor, when i try to put it back in my main screen (in windowed mode of course) and then going again to fullscreen, it goes back to the secondary monitor again.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Right click desktop go to "display settings" then pick which screen you want the game to display on ("Identify" to see which is which) then there is a tick box to "Make main display". that should make all games go to that screen

Feb 21, 2019
Right click desktop go to "display settings" then pick which screen you want the game to display on ("Identify" to see which is which) then there is a tick box to "Make main display". that should make all games go to that screen

So the problem is that, its already my main display, its opening on the display that is NOT my main display

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nahh, ppl use multiple gpus all the time, especially in production where you might have 3gpus working different stuff and igpu running the monitor. DX12 is designed specifically for multiple gpu, and Win10CE is DX12 native.

It's normally not an issue once primary monitor is set. Wondering if bios is set for PEG as primary video option, which leaves the igpu as secondary. Lacking any way to pick a monitor, maybe those games are defaulting to bios settings of igpu.

Feb 21, 2019
Nvidia gpu? Gone through nvidia control panel and made sure that your primary is set there too?

Nvidia control panel doesn't detect my second monitor, probably because its plugged in my motherboard. So the only monitor Nvidia control panel recognize should be primary as default ? If thats the case then its already my primary monitor.

Sep 27, 2020
Game open in my secondary monitor, when i try to put it back in my main screen (in windowed mode of course) and then going again to fullscreen, it goes back to the secondary monitor again.
was this issue ever fixed? and if so what was the solution? im having the same issue with my tv and laptop trying to play rdr2 and have the collector map on my tv

Colif

Win 11 Master
was this issue ever fixed? and if so what was the solution? im having the same issue with my tv and laptop trying to play rdr2 and have the collector map on my tv
I would start your own question about this with as much info as you can supply, the op of thread hasn't been back since March last year and may/may not get a message saying you answered. More people will look at a new post instead of an old one.

Apr 30, 2022
I have the fix for this: take out the hdmi on your ''wrong'' monitor, open the game that is having the problem, which will now load up on your primary monitor, and its fixed. You wont have to do this again.