[SOLVED] Games won't work as they used to for some reason?

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
My rx 580 worked perfect a week ago then suddenly my witcher 3 graphics look weird(super close render distance and popping textures that didnt happen before) and now my monster hunter world wont start(I played it a week ago no problems aswell).The only thing I did was defragment my hard drive and move my pc to another house.What could cause such a problem? I already uninstalled drivers with ddu and installed the newest one...Help

Solution
I have the latest driver 19.50.29.15 that is released 3 days ago_Oh but I don't have the sharpening option at all on my radeon software options.
U sure u're on the latest driver? The newest stable one is 20.2.2, You are running a very old driver version, I know this has nothing to do with your question but you should update them. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580. This is the newest one, it fixes a lot of AMD driver issues.

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
open it up and check all connection/cables
thanks for commenting, I will check it, also I just played monster hunter world by disabling antivirus and the same happens just like witcher 3, a small bubble around my character that summons rocks, water and objects when I get close to them, its really close and it was not that way before moving out.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Also, make sure your gpu and ram are properly seated, and are you sure you haven't changed resolution settings or in game settings?
On the other game that you can't start, do you have an error or it doesn't lunch at all?
Got any system restore points before this happened?

Reactions: www.vukasin

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
My rx 580 worked perfect a week ago then suddenly my witcher 3 graphics look weird(super close render distance and popping textures that didnt happen before) and now my monster hunter world wont start(I played it a week ago no problems aswell).The only thing I did was defragment my hard drive and move my pc to another house.What could cause such a problem? I already uninstalled drivers with ddu and installed the newest one...Help
What driver version do you have and also, you might check your radeon settings. I thought my games looked weird but it was just because radeon sharpening was on for some reason.

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
Also, make sure your gpu and ram are properly seated, and are you sure you haven't changed resolution settings or in game settings?
On the other game that you can't start, do you have an error or it doesn't lunch at all?
Got any system restore points before this happened?
thanks for the reply. I can start any game that I have thats not the problem, and I just opened my pc to see if every cable is connected and yes it is.Every setting is as it should be and I tried lowering it or raising it and its all the same.

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
What driver version do you have and also, you might check your radeon settings. I thought my games looked weird but it was just because radeon sharpening was on for some reason.
I have the latest driver 19.50.29.15 that is released 3 days ago_Oh but I don't have the sharpening option at all on my radeon software options.

Mar 11, 2020
the 580 is not a beast by any means . i have 4 of them . only if you manage a crossfire and the games support it ..

check to see if other's on the internet aren't using them for mining .

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
the 580 is not a beast by any means . i have 4 of them . only if you manage a crossfire and the games support it ..

check to see if other's on the internet aren't using them for mining .
Man I used to play on 750 ti last week its a beast for me trust me when I say that :D. Why should I check if others are using them for mining tho?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
U sure u're on the latest driver? The newest stable one is 20.2.2, You are running a very old driver version, I know this has nothing to do with your question but you should update them. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580. This is the newest one, it fixes a lot of AMD driver issues.

Solution

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
Thats strange... I installed it today on the rx 580 drivers site for my windows 7 64 bit... Okay installing now I will see what happens and tell you. Thanks for trying to make my day friend.

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
Okay so I did as you asked and I played HOTS with no problem but I always could play that game no problem and when I started witcher 3 I still had the issue...I will try to play it the next day to see if anything changed I'm to exhausted right now.