GameStop: 250,000 Customers Interested in Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

Spec are only have the battle, Online services and games will matter the most.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
what's funny is that vague details of spec, indicate that xbox one in fact inferior to Ps4, there is few reasons why, the xbox one media first gaming 2nd, Ps4 was gaming first media 2nd. Microsoft also doing closed system style like apple products, going for broader audience they say, i say its PoS box with media, and lack of hardware, fact that sony just splat out told us spec and performance of GPU, just prints image as why Microsoft delayed the reveler a month , it was very disappointing as a hardware and gamer enthusiast, only reason why people are interested is that its xbox brand loyalty same mentality as apple fan's. it needs to stop honestly, either way i'm sticking to PC gaming

I would be most interested in seeing what the numbers are for Sony's new console. Given how microsoft has decided to operate first with Windows 8 not paying attention to consumers to the current debacle with XBOX One I would presume that Sony is going to kick some Microsoft tail soon here.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010

hmm yes microsoft has gone down a path of crap , did you notice the OS for xbox one is windows 8, apprently its 3 OS's in one, i wonder how much of performance hit all these functions have on system according to what its able to do, multi tasking skype + tv + gaming? lmao... don't know if that's going be possible 8gbs may seem enough and 6 cores, but honestly utilization is far more important, don't you agree? i rather less stupid gimicks and and just flat out use all raw power of console after all that's best way to prolong life span of consoles

It makes me laugh quite honestly that they would shove windows 8 into the unit honestly. I feel that it only really pushes the idea of the Steam box as a real situation for great success.

I feel the horsepower behind the unit will be sufficient over time. Sure its a large leap upon where the XBOX is now however its probably nothing more than a Medium ranged gaming pc now which isn't saying much.

All microsoft is doing by doing this making it much much easier for companies to kick them to the curb. When Bill Gates went away from Microsoft after windows 7 things went to mush. Also, similar things happened the first time Steve Jobs had left Apple.

I hope it fails sony doing well in the console wars is a really really good thing.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
wow the PS fans are coming out of the woodwork already?

We have no idea which console is more powerful till at least E3 and probably not until they are both released. I remember the bullshit PS fans kept spouting about the cell processor being the most powerfull thing on the planet and yet when they analysed screen shots there was no difference, some review sites even edged towards the xbox at the start. Saying that one or another is more powerful or will be better at this point is pure fanboyism as no one really knows.

Also for those citing numbers of interest for the playstation, thats been up for pre-order for like a month where as the xbox was only officially announced a few days ago.

also you say they are putting media first and gaming second but, they already admitted that more people are using their 360 to view media while connected instead of games. Hardcore gamers are a slim majority, if they aimed a console at just them they would lose hands down. You can keeping slating one console or another but at the end of the day until we can get our hands on both its all speculation

that said i wont be getting either as i just spent £900 on my PC so that i wont have to buy a console at the end of this year, i just dont like people spouting facts when they are just opinion or speculation

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010

well spec were for most part already been confirm on few sites , that PS4 has same cpu as Xbox one just slightly clocked higher then xbox one and that xbox one is not using video mem aka GDDR its using DDR3 8gbs, but ps4 on other hand uses 8gb of GDDR5, anyways also that fact if one company is going be vague with detailing specs then they are hiding something, now call this speculation, but as a hardware engineer, i can tell you that GPU will also be hindered not by just fact its using DDR3 but fact it wont be as fast as PS4, it will only by minor in terms performance of GPU it self, but i'm put on plain slate 1.4TF GPU power with roughly 128bit , PS4 on other hand is 1.84tf with 256bit plus it using GDDR5 and for a gamer as i am thats whats important
also like point out that microsoft is catering mostly for american market, and they are tight mingle with worst company in world voted more then once EA. they also like alot on DRM , i can tell you now fanboys will by xbox one they have same mentality as apple fans, but as a PC gamer the standard in hardware tell me what next gen will be like if one console stagnates everything we all suffer.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
And here is the cancer killing the industry. Consumers who already preordering a product they know nothing about and is surrounded by bad press. Some of them are surely going to resale for the holiday, but even they could get trolled by a Dec 26th release. Make smart purchasing decisions and perhaps learn more about it first. Hope it costs $899 you chimps.

claptrap22

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
This is a meaningless number. You go into Gamestop, buy a game, present your rewards card which most people have and is linked to all your contact info, and the person behind the counter says, "hey, you wanna receive updates on the newly announced Xbox One?" The average person, not having to do anything extra, usually opts in and says, "Sure, why not." That is not interest. That is acquiescence.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
This says a lot more about those people than it does about the system. It bugs the hell out of me that people will pre-order ANYTHING that they haven't heard all the details of yet. It's the same thing for those people who pre-order a game when it's announced, before they even know for sure what the game will even look like. You're just begging for disappointment. I wonder how many of those are just waiting to get it to re-sell online at some ridiculous price?

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012

The PS4 has a GPU that's ~50% more powerful than the XBox One's. That's not opinion; it's a fact.

Whether the PS4's games will look 50% better is a separate question, and largely a subjective one. But since both consoles use essentially the same architecture (with a few differences in the implementation), their hardware specs are fairly straightforward to compare.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/2

(And no, I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I haven't even owned a console since I picked up a Nintendo 64 back in the 90s. I don't have a dog in this hunt, though I do find the tech discussion about the new consoles interesting, because the new consoles will help determine a new baseline upon which PC games are developed.)

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010

really 50%? i was thinking like 20% and i'm in same boat as you, only interested due to games are always developed for consoles, but don;t ya agree the xbox one has really just stuff everything up, they just gone and stagnated the PC with it's PoS GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.