GameStop Accidentally Sold Far Cry 1, 2 and 3 for $8

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Several years ago, Dell accidentally priced their monitors too low on a website for Taiwan.

By the time Dell noticed the mistake, they already lost about $150 million. Some of the customers even bought multiple monitors.

When Dell canceled the orders and said that they made a pricing error, the Taiwanese customers filed lawsuits and won.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
That's Ok, they suck Millions and Millions and millions more of extra dollars every month from their
customers. Too bad they didn't throw in a Xbox360 or PS3 to sweetin the deal.

twelve25

Distinguished
They don't "suck" millions from their customers. They make an agreement with their customers to trade money for games. That's a free market where both sides benefit (or they wouldn't make the transaction).

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Twelve25[/nom]They don't "suck" millions from their customers. They make an agreement with their customers to trade money for games. That's a free market where both sides benefit (or they wouldn't make the transaction).[/citation]

it basically amounts to taking advantage of the stupidity of other people who don't know how to list a game on eBay and ship it for 20 dollars more than they'd get from gaystop.

Either way, I bet somebody got canned for this stunt. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a disgruntled (ex) employee who slipped this deal in so his buddies could pick up a few copies of the FC trilogy.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]I dont know about you guys but I got all 3 image files for free. LMAO[/citation]

Congrats on being one of the reasons legit users have to deal with DRM, get a job loser.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Spart if that's what you think you're a naive little kid..

Why waste money on putting DRM on your games when you know it's gonna be hacked in the first place? Such an easy answer, but lets see if you can put that shriveled up brain of yours to work.

As far as bragging about pirating well that's also says a lot about you daunte.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Spart if that's what you think you're a naive little kid.. Why waste money on putting DRM on your games when you know it's gonna be hacked in the first place? Such an easy answer, but lets see if you can put that shriveled up brain of yours to work. As far as bragging about pirating well that's also says a lot about you daunte.[/citation]

Considering the fact that many games still come with DRM, the management still don't get it, especially EA and other customer-unfriendly companies. In fact, they're full of people who don't understand what is a computer game or how average gamers think.

I am not going to lie, I used to pirate games before I would watch reviews on them. I would just pirate everything I could get since I couldn't afford games. I will tell you however, out of the multitudes of games I had pirated I haven't finished a single one. Of the games I bought I have finished multiple times over. Not entirely sure whats up with that but for some reason I would rather play minecraft than a pirated copy of GTA. If I personally don't pay money for the game then I just don't enjoy it as much.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]I am not going to lie, I used to pirate games before I would watch reviews on them. I would just pirate everything I could get since I couldn't afford games. I will tell you however, out of the multitudes of games I had pirated I haven't finished a single one. Of the games I bought I have finished multiple times over. Not entirely sure whats up with that but for some reason I would rather play minecraft than a pirated copy of GTA. If I personally don't pay money for the game then I just don't enjoy it as much.[/citation]

Instead of pirating the game, why not download the demo?

And if there isn't a demo, then rally a few thousand fans and get all of them to email the developer asking/demanding for a demo.

It's quite likely they will do something about it because not that many people enjoy overflowing inboxes.

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Instead of pirating the game, why not download the demo?And if there isn't a demo, then rally a few thousand fans and get all of them to email the developer asking/demanding for a demo. It's quite likely they will do something about it because not that many people enjoy overflowing inboxes.[/citation]

Agreed about the demo thing. I just thought, I'm broke and 60 bucks is a lot of money for a game. Still think that so I just wait until its in the bargain bin. Even if I only spend 5 bucks ona game I am 100x more likely to finish it than if I pirated it.

G

Farcry 1 not that good of a game, farcry 2 was just utter garbage. I got both on a steam sale for like $10 or something awhile back, and it wasnt worth the paltry sum i paid.

I wouldnt buy that bundle even if the price was a legit $8. After those crappy first 2 games i have no desire to buy farcry 3.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I got the original with an AMD Athlon64 processor, #2 during a steam sale for $5 and #3 for free again from AMD with a video card I bought as a gift.

But I'd have jumped on it to gift them to a friend.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
lol I was there @ that price, I didnt buy because it isnt worth my time, far cry isnt my type of game. I would have get it if it is Assassin creed pack @ $8. But still, Far cry 1 & 2 is tages DRM title, I learned my share of how stupid tages DRM game is when I tried to install 2008 Prince of persia.

I will never buy a tages title again even it is free.

[citation][nom]computergeek123_74[/nom]Probably because they're selling the PC version. After all, PC gaming sucks.[/citation]

So does your mom. Run along now, little nose picking zit-faced never-getting-laid punktard, back down to your mom's basement and your little grade school console gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.