Gaming 5 Mobo issue

Jeet_4

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Please help!!! I bought my first build (gaming 5 Mobo, i7 4790, gigabyte gtx 1070, x2 8gb Kingston ddr3 ram kit, and all this is in an inwin 303) and we assembled everything with no issue but when we try to install os (we dried windows 8 usb AND disc, windows 10 usb) the computer would just freeze with the black screen and blue windows logo, it's been 3 days (today is Sunday November 20) and I still can't figure out why, we literally tried everything! Removing the GPU , putting the ram in all combinations, booting the bios and messing with all booting orders, googling and reading on these issues (none about my issue tho) and we even tried installing windows 8 on the SSD we bought for my build and it worked! But when we hooked it up to the msi gaming 5 it would again show the windows logo and not take any input

Solution
More than likely you have a bad controller on your motherboard. Try RMA'ing the board and see if it works the second time around. Don't hate MSI for this though, all electronic manufacturers have DOA's.

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
More than likely you have a bad controller on your motherboard. Try RMA'ing the board and see if it works the second time around. Don't hate MSI for this though, all electronic manufacturers have DOA's.

Solution