Gaming and Browser FPS Fluctuation.

Acemcloud

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys

Recently I have been experiencing FPS fluctuations in games and even in Google Chrome, for example in league of legends no matter what settings I use my frames would go from 90 and drop to 30 and continuously do so . It all started after I did a full clean of my system and installed Windows 8. All drivers are up to date and my system specs are :

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
Radeon 7770 HD
8 gigs of Ram

Acemcloud

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I completely took down my system and cleaned out everything and all temps are good even during load.... CPU on Idle 58 C and GPU on idle 44 C and I just started up a game of league of legends and GPU is 51 C and CPU is 65.

pop the side of your case open, stick a room fan into the opening and see if you get those issues still. don't trust the onboard temp monitors when a system is behaving like it's throttling due to heat. We need to be 100% certain that heat isn't the problem before we go further.

Acemcloud

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hmmm when I using google chrome even typing seems to be laggy and pages would load in a stuttering fashion and my monitor is a Acer 22 " , 1650 x 1050 and refresh rate is 60 Hertz

ok. i'll tell you how it's acting to me. it's acting like the gpu drivers aren't working right. it might be a problem with windows 8, i would try a rollback of my gpu drivers to an earlier version. see if that doesn't work. (i'm assuming you have the newest gpu drivers)

wait, are you using the windows drivers? i would definately get the AMD drivers for that card and try them if you're using the default windows drivers.

yeah. try an older version of the gpu drivers. nvidia has been having some issues in windows 8 with their drivers, and their drivers are typically top flight. If nvidia is having issues with their drivers in windows 8 it's not beyond comprehension AMD might have some issues in windows 8 as well. i would definately roll them back a version and see if that fixes the problem.