Gaming and ping

masterfalcon3000

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
hi everyone hope u all have a wonderful day

is there a way to test my router or ethernet performance ?

i mean .. i got 70 - 90 ping in online games no spikes no lag .. this is actually the average ping

im just wondering if i could let it stable or reduce it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- simply : can the router affect on ping ? and how can i do a test to know if it good ? from cmd or something

2 - can the ethernet cable affect on ping ? worth to buy a cat 6 cable .. or not ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance
I appreciate that :wahoo:

KahouAoki

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
Usually nothing in your home network is enough to affect your latency, almost every affecting factor is outside the router. Beyond that, there are just too many variables (specific game, server regions etc) to diagnose further.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
To lower ping by s meaningful amount simply tske your computer closer to the server you're contacting. Short of better internet where you are currently located there isn't much else you can do. Ping is the time it takes for a signal to go from your computer to another and back. The only way to reduce the time is to reduce the difference.

masterfalcon3000

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017

so my router + ethernet is ok and don't need to buy a cat6 cable? and if u could tell me a test trick that will be good

i really appreciate ur reply