Gaming and some streaming Build.

smilemore

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Alright. So i want to build a nice pc for myself to game on. Yes, i want to focus the build MOSTLY for gaming. But in the future, i may try to start streaming my video games, i always wanted to stream but never had the hardware to do so. I want to know if an i7 is worth the extra 90-100 bucks for gaming\streaming OR go with an i5 ( i5 4690k )or AMD build? Does a i5 perform the same as a i7 when streaming, or is the i7 a lot better? I feel like the build i created is pretty strong, but a bit tooo much for my needs. The games i play are Cs:go, Guild Wars, League, Runescape. I always played on a laptop, but i think it's time to finally build a pc, i want to expand and play other fun games. I currently have 2 Asus monitors that are 23 inches at 1920x1080 resolutions. I want to game on one monitor and do TS, pandora, and like web browsing on the other screen, i kinda tend to have a lot of stuff open at once. Should i even stick with the 970, or step down to a 960? Is the 970 that much more worth it? My question is mostly about the CPU.. i5 .. i7.. or AMD.

Here is the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jswtsY

Thanks.

Demosthenest

Admirable
Looks about as good as you can get for the money to me.
i7 would be better if you want to stream or multitask too, but I think the i5 4690k should handle it without problems. For the games you play, you don't need either an i7 or a gtx 960, tho. The gtx 970 is much better bang for your buck but the gtx 960 should max out those games. But if you can afford it, I would stick with i7 and gtx 970 for longevity. Amd is a no go for the games you play.

smilemore

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Looks like the i7 and 970 it is, was leaning towards these too.

This setup will play pretty much all current games on maxed out settings (what about the most intensive games out there?) and will be a solid build for at least 5 years? Would it max out all MMOs like the ones i play + World or Warcraft? I'm pretty sure it will, but just making sure (; Did i choose a good EVGA 970, theres superclocked ones and like regular ones too, i tried to get the best one for the lowest price, and it happened to be the superclocked one.

Thanks everyone for the comments, really appreciate it.