Question Gaming and Streaming on a single PC setup

Mar 18, 2019
Hi,

I am looking to build a single PC setup for both Gaming and Streaming. I am planning on getting AMD Ryzen 7 2700x for CPU and RTX 2060 for GPU. I am considering 450 series Mobo and 16gb 3000mhz RAM Stick.

Will this work out?

PS - This is my first build.

taeioum

Upstanding
Jan 27, 2019
That should work fine. When it comes to RAM though, you'll want to use a dual channel kit, not just 1 stick of RAM, and as Ryzen prefers higher RAM speeds, I would advise you to use 3200MHz. If your budget will allow it of course.

Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion. My budget allows me to get 1x16gb 3200 RAM for now. I guess that should help me in running the games. As for streaming, may be I can wait for a month and get another 16gigs 3200 stick.

I hope this single set up with AMD processor works. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. My budget allows me to get 1x16gb 3200 RAM for now. I guess that should help me in running the games. As for streaming, may be I can wait for a month and get another 16gigs 3200 stick.

I hope this single set up with AMD processor works. :)
You can stream through the GPU without loosing any performance, the new nvidia cards can do 4k/60FPS and more all day long and you won't even notice any performance degradation.
Streaming through the CPU is game dependent and there are a lot of games lately that fill up all cores ,without any real benefit to gaming performance none the less, but it does make CPU streaming pretty much impossible.

Mar 18, 2019
Can anyone give me a suggestion for choosing the right motherboard. I am confused on choosing mobo for AMD. I am a little low on budget.